How would you successfully eradicate the use of alcohol and cigarettes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2012, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2012 10:52 PM by kineo.)
RE: How would you successfully eradicate the use of alcohol and cigarettes?
(31-07-2012 02:39 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(31-07-2012 10:53 AM)kineo Wrote:  If teenagers were taught more about the dangers of life (alcohol, cigarettes, unprotected sex, etc.) they could make better and more education decisions rather than simply having it banned and pretending the problem doesn't exist.
What more do you want to tell them that they don't already get?

Cigarettes can give you cancer and you can die early from that. Alchohol impairs your immediate mental and physical abilities that can lead to immediate safety hazard of the physical body, such as, car accidents; long-term abuse leads to long-term disfunctions of bodily organs that may lead to difficult health and early death. Unprotected sex can incur incurable deseises that can lead to difficult health and early death.

You make it sound like there is information being censored - are you sure you don't have an atheist/Christian censorship infatuation that leads you to believe that there is secret information being held back to promote theism?

There is only so much information a person can process, and worrying about the long-term ill effects is something most smart people do not worry about, because they are smart, and do not abuse the stuff, or are accepting of their consequences. It is the dumb people who abuse the stuff and then complain that they are not responsible for their health problems, they claim they are victims of sublimital messages in the advertising that makes them buy more beer and cigarettes.And you will ussually find that such irresponsible people align themselves with the Democrat political party, because the Democrats pander to their irresponsible reasoning by taxing the responsible people to pay for the irresponsible people's social services, like health care. Why you want to keep stupid people alive is fucking silly.

All my fucking life, the Democrats have been claiming that education is deficient, or something, but they never have a solution - why is that?

It's a good bet that there are a lot of stupid people making babies that they cannot care for properly, or teach some basic organizational skill, because the whole family is fucked-up stupid with fucked-up ideas that all the smart people are out to make their precious significant lives miserable. The world is over-populated with stupid people - what are we to do?

Oh yeah, I can tell that having a conversation with you is worthwhile...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQhiowtA0XWCRp0gIdo_e...AYiVyE44jQ]

In any case, go ahead and pick the weakest point in my post and have at it. Oh, I know! You can use it as a platform to launch into an anti-dems rant! Fantastic! Here's some help!

"Dems er dumb, yer know? Cuz dey keeps stoopid people alife. And dey wants education fer keeeidz. Dats duuuumb. Ahh aint lettin dem teech mah keeeidz."

There's plenty of info on cigarettes and alcohol out there. You're right. That has no effect on the rest of my post. You'll find that I don't disagree with you on putting out laws to stop people from using these substances. Let them have at it! And no, idiot rednecks do not tend to side with the democratic party. Your over-generalization skills are weak! But that's probably not the group of people you were referring to, is it?

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
31-07-2012, 11:08 PM
I personally would like to see all of the drugs--including alcohol and cigs--eradicated; however, I think I have come to terms with it's impossibilities to do just that.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
01-08-2012, 07:06 AM
(31-07-2012 11:08 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  I personally would like to see all of the drugs--including alcohol and cigs--eradicated; however, I think I have come to terms with it's impossibilities to do just that.

"all the drugs" includes what?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-08-2012, 07:55 AM
(01-08-2012 07:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-07-2012 11:08 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  I personally would like to see all of the drugs--including alcohol and cigs--eradicated; however, I think I have come to terms with it's impossibilities to do just that.

NotSoVacuous, for one. Angel

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2012, 08:28 AM
(01-08-2012 07:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I think it's pretty obvious what he means is all drugs such as weed, heroin, alcohol, ciggies, party pills (e) etc...
Pretty much any drug you can't get in a pharmacy.

Let's not be pedantic shall we, if you have a point to make stop beating around the bush and make your point.

Here, I will make Chas's point for him.
"How can you be against drugs without being against pharmaceutical drugs. A lot of those have just as bad if not worst side effects as weed or cigs or tobacco."
followed by:
"something about big pharmaceutical being bad".
ending in something along the lines of
"it's not the drugs, it's the people. By banning drugs you take away from human rights and people's right to make a decision for themselves. Something about government interfering in people's lives and not trusting their public."

Is that about right Chas?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
01-08-2012, 09:18 AM
NotSoVacuous could also be referring to caffeine as well, for example. There are more than a few substances that we use to make ourselves "feel" better. Some people are specifically against any mood-altering or addicting substances.

01-08-2012, 09:21 AM
(01-08-2012 09:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  NotSoVacuous could also be referring to caffeine as well, for example. There are more than a few substances that we use to make ourselves "feel" better. Some people are specifically against any mood-altering or addicting substances.

Ummm...if you take my alcohol, drugs and caffeine away, you all will either need to send me to another planet or have a mass migration off the earth, it will not be pretty dealing with me. Drinking BeverageEvil_monster

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-08-2012, 09:23 AM
If you don't like drugs, don't do them. kthnxby

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
(01-08-2012 09:21 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 09:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  NotSoVacuous could also be referring to caffeine as well, for example. There are more than a few substances that we use to make ourselves "feel" better. Some people are specifically against any mood-altering or addicting substances.

Ummm...if you take my alcohol, drugs and caffeine away, you all will either need to send me to another planet or have a mass migration off the earth, it will not be pretty dealing with me. Drinking BeverageEvil_monster

Hey, don't think I'm advocating taking them away. I type this with a cup of coffee and another queued up when this one is gone. And I'm wishing I could splash some brandy in my mug too but I'm at work and that's a no-no here.

Just saying- there are some crazies out there. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
01-08-2012, 10:06 AM
(01-08-2012 10:04 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 09:21 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Ummm...if you take my alcohol, drugs and caffeine away, you all will either need to send me to another planet or have a mass migration off the earth, it will not be pretty dealing with me. Drinking BeverageEvil_monster

Hey, don't think I'm advocating taking them away. I type this with a cup of coffee and another queued up when this one is gone. And I'm wishing I could splash some brandy in my mug too but I'm at work and that's a no-no here.

Just saying- there are some crazies out there. Wink

I knew you wouldn't do that to me...just warning the craziesSmile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume