How would you successfully eradicate the use of alcohol and cigarettes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: How would you successfully eradicate the use of alcohol and cigarettes?
Haven't they taken enough freedoms away? You would like clones of who knows what. Fuck that shit!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
30-07-2012, 09:59 AM
(30-07-2012 08:20 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Good grief....why?

I'm off to the cannabis thread and may create a Scotch and cigar thread on my way there!

Wanted to "like" twice. I sure do love a good cigar. I think I'd be an aficionado if I were a rich man.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Fuck you; there's no way you or anyone is going to get rid of my monkey mind. Drugs are at the top of the survival list - always have been - since early caveman days.

Food & water
If no food & water, then drugs
Shelter
If no shelter, then drugs
Companion
If no companion, then drugs

After that ... shit gets kind of murky ... probably some stuck up asshole got bored and made up religion.

Well, my work here is done for now... off to my cup-o-drug... Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 8 users Like kim's post
30-07-2012, 10:17 AM
(30-07-2012 09:59 AM)kim Wrote:  Food & water
Shelter
Companion
If no companion, then masturbation... on drugs

Fixed that for ya Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Red Celt's post
30-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Well, that goes without saying. usually. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-07-2012, 10:22 AM
(30-07-2012 06:46 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  note: no answers saying that they'd just hook up society to cheaper and more readily available drugs.

Which methods do you think would be practical in eradicating the use of these drugs in society? (say, within the USA).

Can you please provide a reason for asking a question like that? As you might have guessed from the replies, it's a rather unpopular idea. The brain is affected by all sorts of chemicals from the foods we eat. It isn't just about things that we can easily categorise as "drugs". Pay attention to your mood swings when you change (in either direction) the amount of sugar that you consume.

We're reproductive bags of chemicals.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Red Celt's post
30-07-2012, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 10:36 AM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
(30-07-2012 09:59 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 08:20 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Good grief....why?

I'm off to the cannabis thread and may create a Scotch and cigar thread on my way there!

Wanted to "like" twice. I sure do love a good cigar. I think I'd be an aficionado if I were a rich man.

They are a real pleasure, I know the good ones are pricey but every now and then it's a good treat.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-07-2012, 10:33 AM
(30-07-2012 06:46 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  note: no answers saying that they'd just hook up society to cheaper and more readily available drugs.

Which methods do you think would be practical in eradicating the use of these drugs in society? (say, within the USA).

I agree with everyone above... but I also would like to know why you would want to do this. What's the purpose?

I drink anywhere between a dram of whiskey and a tumbler-full about once a week. It's not much, but I enjoy it. I used to drink more, but never so much that I was drunk frequently (I can count on one hand the number of times I've been drunk). Why would you take this away from me? Even if I got drunk every day and it didn't affect anyone but me, again I ask why? Medical costs? You disagree with their use from a moral perspective? Some other reason? I don't get it. Undecided

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
30-07-2012, 10:34 AM
(30-07-2012 10:17 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 09:59 AM)kim Wrote:  Food & water
Shelter
Companion
If no companion, then masturbation... on drugs

Fixed that for ya Wink

Dude, we may not agree on gun issues, but so far, for pretty much everything else, you read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing there. Lmao

And "reproductive bags of chemicals" is definitely entering into my repertoire of terminology to describe humans.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-07-2012, 10:37 AM
(30-07-2012 10:33 AM)kineo Wrote:  

I agree with everyone above... but I also would like to know why you would want to do this. What's the purpose?

I drink anywhere between a dram of whiskey and a tumbler-full about once a week. It's not much, but I enjoy it. I used to drink more, but never so much that I was drunk frequently (I can count on one hand the number of times I've been drunk). Why would you take this away from me? Even if I got drunk every day and it didn't affect anyone but me, again I ask why? Medical costs? You disagree with their use from a moral perspective? Some other reason? I don't get it. Undecided

Dram? Dram?
Since when did you turn British? Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post