How would you take this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2010, 11:56 AM

How would you take this?
I received a short, neatly hand printed note in my mailbox recently. Printed in all capital letters in pen on what appears to be a piece of torn off note pad. According to my girlfriend, with whom I live with, it is actually the second such note. She received one a few weeks ago but threw it out thinking nothing of it. It seems to me a little threatening in its context and i'm wondering what others think. I've added some comments in brackets indicating some parts of the note that were crossed off by the writer. Here it is:

MARRIAGE IS ("is" is crossed off) HONOURABLE IN ALL, AND THE BED UNDEFILED: BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD WILL JUDGE. Hebrews 13:4
IF A MAN ALSO LIE WITH MANKIND, AS HE LIETH WITH A WOMAN, BOTH OF THEM HAVE COMMITTED AN ABOMINATION: THEY SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH; THEIR BLOOD SHALL BE ("shall be" is crossed off) UPON THEM. Leviticus 20:13
IN THE LAST DAYS...MEN SHALL BE LOVERS OF...PLEASURES MORE THAN LOVERS OF GOD. 2Timothy 3:1, 2, 4
tHE FOOL HATH SAID IN HIS HEART, THERE IS ("there is" is crossed off) NO GOD. Psalms 14:1
SHE THAT LIVETH IN PLEASURE IS DEAD WHILE SHE LIVETH. 1Timothy 5:6
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 12:23 PM
RE: How would you take this?
I have no idea how I would react, honestly. Possibly put up a security camera watching the mailbox to see who's leaving them?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Uhhh... go to the cops and open a file.

If it was typed I'd probably think it was a leaflet campaign. But the hand written part makes me think that it's targeted. Speak to the cops, let them know something is up, that way if anything else happens they're already in the loop.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
09-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Honestly I'd go ape shit.

I'd watch the door and if I caught the person giving the notes I would, for lack of a better phrase, "definitely fuck them up"
Ehem...

Well maybe other wouldn't react so much to being targeted like that, but I would for sure, just how I grew up. Maybe you should call the police, like already suggested.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
I also vote "cops". This sounds like someone does not approve of your living arrangements. Most threats are idle threats but you never know. Best to let the police know and see if maybe they can catch the guy and put a scare into him.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I vote cops and aim a hidden video camera at the box. This way when they do it again, you will have proof that will stand up in court.
10-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I vote cops. sounds like a deranged fellow
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Cops, a security camera and a paintball gun. With marbles.
Quote this message in a reply