How would your justify procreation in absence of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 06:33 AM
RE: How would your justify procreation in absence of God?
(13-10-2014 03:27 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  My needs and wants are many.
Nobody gives a fuck about your needs and wants. We are talking about your children. It's your responsibility
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Recently the forum was split over how we treat most theists. Some said that, as a whole, we were too aggressive, didn't give them a chance to discuss their points of view and so on. I stopped to think, maybe those folks were right, maybe we have become too quick to judge, could our knee-jerk reactions be over the top, unjustified even...

Then I read this OP and think to myself, fuck no.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
13-10-2014, 06:38 AM
(13-10-2014 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  Seeing as we've been doing it for billions of years it seems to work.
It didn't work for 80-100 billion people. They all died.
13-10-2014, 06:39 AM
(13-10-2014 06:33 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Nobody gives a fuck about your needs and wants. We are talking about your children. It's your responsibility

And nobody really gives a fuck about your poorly conceived questions. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2014, 06:41 AM
(13-10-2014 06:38 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  Seeing as we've been doing it for billions of years it seems to work.

People continue to die, so I guess it is still not working.

Your original questions is stupid. Living things reproduce to continue the species. Mating is hard wired into us, for the most part. All the emotional stuff is what makes it possible for us to live as social groups and not solidary beings coming together just to mate.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
13-10-2014, 06:42 AM
(13-10-2014 06:33 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  

I think you could use some help expressing yourself. I think you mean:
How can you justify having children when....
well... that last bit is lost to me.

Let's try this as a syllogism:
1. Let's assume for the sake of argument that there is no god
2. It is irresponsible to have children if there is no god
3. Therefore, it is irresponsible to have children.

How do you justify point (2)? Why do you think it is irresponsible to have children if there is no god... or would you express yourself with different words?

Ahh... I think I get it. You are asking:
How can we justify having children that will one day die? Wouldn't it be better to have no children than children that die?

Is that what you're trying to ask here?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
13-10-2014, 06:43 AM

What does that even mean? Facepalm

You have to be trolling 'cause I can't believe anyone who can tie their shoelaces and allowed to walk around in public can be this obtuse and dense.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-10-2014, 06:47 AM

So your idiot god has no power then.

The majority of fertilized human eggs spontaneously abort. That makes your god an abortionist. In fact the WORST abortionist, now doesn't it.

Evolution produced the way life starts and works.
The gods had nothing to do with it.

There is no "creation" nor "procreation". What there is, is "life" which evolved, and as anyone whoever took High School Biology knows, there is no absolute boundary between life and non-life, (viruses are not considered "alive").
Please head for you local mall. They may have a clue for sale there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Because life can be very fulfilling if you don't teach children myths about a tyrant monster deity that wants slavish worship and abject slavery for the entire human race and requires this horrific slavery for an eternity.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-10-2014, 07:00 AM

I think your population estimates are way off Drinking Beverage

Anyway, it works as far as continuing the species goes. What's your definition of work? If you want eternal life I'm afraid you're fucked, 'cos it don't exist Smile have a nice day. And don't fuck anyone.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.