How would your justify procreation in absence of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 09:43 AM
RE: How would your justify procreation in absence of God?
(12-10-2014 11:58 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  How would your justify procreation in absence of God?

Performance issues?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 09:47 AM
(12-10-2014 11:58 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  How would your justify procreation in absence of God?

Why must procreation be justified?

And, gawd isn't always absent - if done correctly his name is often called out loud.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
13-10-2014, 09:53 AM
(13-10-2014 09:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

And, gawd isn't always absent - if done correctly his name is often called out loud.

Haha Smile
13-10-2014, 10:38 AM
The question is... How do I justify procreation in the absence of God?

Procreation is a natural process to spread like a virus. We are a way of the cosmos to know itself. I'm creating little me's to help extinguish religion and figure out how to spread humanity into the cosmos and beyond.

My question to you is...

How do you justify procreating in the presence of God?
13-10-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't understand the question. Procreating is as natural as eating. Could you ask the same for eating? The question still wouldn't make sense.

I don't even think most theists would consider this a coherent question.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
13-10-2014, 11:18 AM

Whut?
LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
13-10-2014, 11:23 AM
(13-10-2014 09:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

LMAO.... Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-10-2014, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 11:57 AM by Reltzik.)
(12-10-2014 11:58 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  How would you justify procreation in absence of God?

Pretty simple. We feel like doing it and (with a consenting partner, which I strongly recommend) and ideally it harms no one. Same justification we have for watching TV in the evening, albeit more of a commitment. That's assuming that there's planning and justification involved.

Here's what religion likes to do... by which I mean, nearly every world religion has followed this pattern.

It takes everyday, normal activities.

It TAKES them.

It says, "these are now MINE. Or my god's, who I am speaking for. But really, they're mine."

You want to sleep? That belongs to religion now. You have to say prayers before you can sleep, and the gods own your dreams.

You want to eat? That belongs to religion now. More prayers. Also, dietary restrictions. Sometimes you have to set aside a portion of your food as a sacrifice.

You want to do labor? That belongs to religion now. Not allowed to work on this or that or the other day. 'cuz God. Oh, also, give 10% to the priests telling you 'cuz God. 'cuz God.

Want to do science and increase your knowledge of the universe? Sorry, bro, knowledge and the universe belong to the church, er, to God, and they'll be watching over your shoulder with a big black censor's marker. In civilized times. In uncivilized times, with stakes and torches.

You want to fuck? Damn straight religion's going to have a say about it. Usually what it says is 'no'.

You want to have kids? You damn well better know that religion owns your kids. Sprinkle 'em and dunk 'em and cut off bits of their genitals, and don't even think of not teaching them that their asses belong to the church and its priests... er, I mean to God. Because... well, because God.

What's next? Are you going to ask us to justify breathing? (Oh, wait, that's the "breath of life", isn't it? Yeah, that belongs to god too.)

But that's not the most screwed up part.

The most screwed up part is how insidiously THEY justify it. How they create, often without realizing it, the myths and theology. How they create this memeplex narrative under which everything makes sense only with God, and then spoonfeed that to the kids whose asses they own, and when those kids grow up (or maybe while they're still kids) and encounter someone who ISN'T caught in that web of insanity....

.... well... it doesn't make sense to them. It's like people don't REALIZE that the Emperor's got these silk clothes so fine and airy and ephermal and spiritual and holy that ordinary people can't see them. But they can't be decent people if they don't believe in the evidence of things unseen.

It just doesn't make sense to people brought up to believe the nonsensical.

So coming out of this twisted mindset where they have to justify in terms of an imaginary god a thousand things for which the only justification really needed is "I feel like it and it harms no one", and seeing people who DON'T need to go through that rigmarole, they ask something stupid. Like, "how do you justify that?"

Dude, why do we NEED to justify that?

That's your fetish. Not ours.
[+] 8 users Like Reltzik's post
13-10-2014, 11:37 AM
(13-10-2014 11:35 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 11:58 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  How would you justify procreation in absence of God?

Pretty simple. We feel like doing it and (with a consenting partner, which I strongly recommend) and ideally it harms no one. Same justification we have for watching TV in the evening, albeit more of a commitment. That's assuming that there's planning and justification involved.

Here's what religion likes to do... by which I mean, nearly every world religion has followed this pattern.

It takes everyday, normal activities.

It TAKES them.

It says, "these are now MINE. Or my god's, who I am speaking for. But really, they're mine."

You want to sleep? That belongs to religion now. You have to say prayers before you can sleep, and the gods own your dreams.

You want to eat? That belongs to religion now. More prayers. Also, dietary restrictions. Sometimes you have to set aside a portion of your food as a sacrifice.

You want to do labor? That belongs to religion now. Not allowed to work on this or that or the other day. 'cuz God. Oh, also, give 10% to the priests telling you 'cuz God. 'cuz God.

Want to do science and increase your knowledge of the universe? Sorry, bro, knowledge and the universe belong to the church, er, to God, and they'll be watching over your shoulder with a big black censor's marker. In civilized times. In uncivilized times, with stakes and torches.

You want to fuck? Damn straight religion's going to have to say about it. Usually what it says is 'no'.

You want to have kids? You damn well better know that religion owns your kids. Sprinkle 'em and dunk 'em and cut off bits of their genitals, and don't even think of not teaching them know that their asses belong to the church and its priests... er, I mean to God. Because... well, because God.

What's next? Are you going to ask us to justify breathing? (Oh, wait, that's the "breath of life", isn't it? Yeah, that belongs to god too.)

But that's not the most screwed up part.

The most screwed up part is how insidiously THEY justify it. How they create, often without realizing it, the myths and theology. How they create this memeplex narrative under which everything makes sense only with God, and then spoonfeed that to the kids whose asses they own, and when those kids grow up (or maybe while they're still kids) and encounter someone who ISN'T caught in that web of insanity....

.... well... it doesn't make sense to them. It's like people don't REALIZE that the Emperor's got these silk clothes so fine and airy and ephermal and spiritual and holy that ordinary people can't see them. But they can't be decent people if they don't believe in the evidence of things unseen.

It just doesn't make sense to people brought up to believe the nonsensical.

So coming out of this twisted mindset where they have to justify in terms of an imaginary god a thousand things for which the only justification really needed is "I feel like it and it harms no one", and seeing people who DON'T need to go through that rigmarole, they ask something stupid. Like, "how do you justify that?"

Dude, why do we NEED to justify that?

That's your fetish. Not ours.

Nice!
Just really well done you!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-10-2014, 11:51 AM

LOL! 'Cause I like kids and they like me. They're fun and cute and small and cuddly and imaginative and silly and totally adorable and there doesn't need to be any god for that to happen. Of course they're lots of work and a pain in the ass sometimes but all the reasons I mentioned before make up for that part.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post