How would your justify procreation in absence of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: How would your justify procreation in absence of God?
This should go in the TTA hall of fame for inane attempts by a theist to prove a point. Not only was the OP poorly written, they decided not to seriously respond to any of the legitimate questions/replies to an otherwise flawed question. I hope the OP is (1) MR, (2) less than 12 years of age or (3) sterile. The first two would explain a lot and the third would at least keep my mind at ease for the future of the human race.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
13-10-2014, 03:31 PM
(12-10-2014 11:58 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  How would your justify procreation in absence of God?
Clearly, you have no kids.

Oh, and you should get justification from God before procreating. Please! Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
13-10-2014, 03:46 PM
(13-10-2014 09:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 11:58 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  How would your justify procreation in absence of God?

Why must procreation be justified?

And, gawd isn't always absent - if done correctly his name is often called out loud.

You bad girl you

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Power was traditionally another practical reason to have children. To keep the family farm, or the violin making business or the royal family intact meant one needed to have children which guaranteed that the knowledge and power stayed in the family. God wasn't necessary, only sex.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Is this even fucking English?Hobo

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
13-10-2014, 07:42 PM
(13-10-2014 03:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 09:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Why must procreation be justified?

And, gawd isn't always absent - if done correctly his name is often called out loud.

You bad girl you

Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-10-2014, 08:42 PM

How does your specific god govern how you procreate?

If you can answer that I can tell you in your own context how I would justify it without him.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-10-2014, 08:46 PM

Easy, Our species is made up of cells that divide and create more of itself. Our whole body is nothing more than a collection of stuff that wants to make more of itself by its very own nature.

So, it is only natural that over a very long period of time, through natural selection that eventually, a process would be required for the survival of the mass of cells to exist and keep existing. Therefor, eventually, everything evolved to start making more of itself.

My guess is that when life forms got too complex to slit itself into two equally sized beings, It started making more of itself in other ways until everything made more of itself in some sort of pseudo A sexual way, until it became A sexual. Then as it became even more complex than that, A sexual reproduction started to split apart and mutate and through natural selection, sexes were born. When the first sexes were born, each had the two halves of the same reproductive needs to make more of itself. Natural selection takes over more and millions of years later, we have species who reproduce through sex.

Fast forward millions of years, now we have species that has evolved to feel really really REALLY gooooood while doing so, Like Dolphines, humans, and chimps etc.

this will increase the likely hood of them "wanting" to procreate. Thus expanding the reproduction to survive even further. Sooner or later, we have a species so numerous, that because of how long it has been around and its numbers and with the feeling of good it gets from sex, its emotional state has evolved because of the emotional psychology behind sex and sexual attachments that its brain gets that first nudge it needs to start to wonder in addition to already being able to work with tools.

Since it already left the tree's due to living in a almost treeless environment for so many thousands of years.

That is how I explain it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
13-10-2014, 08:46 PM
(13-10-2014 03:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 09:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Why must procreation be justified?

You bad girl you

Good girls go to heaven....bad girls go everywhere.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
14-10-2014, 09:02 AM
I get what he thinks he is getting at.. but most people don't few the world and life as the highest realm of suffering and that granted life is leading for that life to suffer.

That's a rare philosophical position that holds people after a night of potentially influenced college discussion. I have seen some podcast with a guy trying to argue that point, but it's a position one has to take.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson