Howdy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Howdy
I'm James. I have dragged myself from the shadow of religion over my life. Though kind of raised Catholic, I really didn't feel much attachment to that creed. My mother had ideas about some hybrid native american/christian woo. But I never really bought into that either. For years I was a deist, then slowly came to wake up to my agnosticism. After that I encountered an a(nti)-theist. After long talks and discussions I came to the realization that I too was an atheist.
No the trouble is, due to life I have been moved to a tiny, very religious town in west Texas. I really don't want to stir the pot too much, since my religious sister might be compromised. More likely shamed by my actions. But I don't like living a lie and I can't stand the hypocrisy that I am indulging in either. Its quite a situation I found myself in. Thanks for listening. I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Howdy
Another Texas person. Welcome.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Howdy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Hello, welcome.
04-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Welcome. You're in good company here...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Welcome to TTA.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Welcome aboard.
04-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Hello!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
04-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Hug
04-08-2016, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 10:59 PM by dustyrose.)
Hello! I'm from Texas as well, and although our situations are different, (as I'm only 15 and still live with my religious parents) I understand the frustration of feeling like you're living a lie. For me, I felt better right after telling my family about my disbelief, but I'm not sure it was the right choice in the long run since my parents reacted much stronger than I had expected. I hope everything turns out alright!