Howdy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: Howdy
(02-06-2017 06:36 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 01:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Welcome to TTA!

DFW people crack me up. Dog help you if you say they're from Dallas when they're really from Fort Worth! And Richardson people just plain flip out if you lump them in with their neighbors. It's hilarious.

Of course, Kansas City people (where I am) are the same, if you just say they're from KC when they're really from one of the numerous suburbs. I've also experienced the same phenomenon in Houston and New Orleans.

People!

Same problem in the 5 suburbs of Greater New York City. You'd better mention which borough/county you are from because if you say you're from New York City or "The City" it means Manhatten not Queens, Staten Island or the others counties. Can be very confusing for visitors, even those from up state NY.

And when we upstaters move across the country and people ask us where we're from, we always have to specify upstate New York, else they just assume we must be from NYC, and therefore acquainted with their old college roommate Gino. Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2017, 08:25 PM
(31-05-2017 12:48 PM)Mrhall1923 Wrote:  My name is Matt and I'm from DFW. Ugh, the bible belt.

Welcome, I am surrounded by bat-shit crazy Christians here in East TN, I feel ya.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
02-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Hi, welcome to TTA.

(02-06-2017 08:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Welcome, I am surrounded by bat-shit crazy Christians here in East TN, I feel ya.
Eastern NC isn't much better. Maybe the beaches make up for it? I dunno.