Howdy, Everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM

Howdy, Everyone!
Hello everybody! I was so glad to have found this site. I had been searching for a community that thinks much the same as I do and trying to find that where i'm from is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, lol, so, like I said, I'm am very happy to be here.
Here's a little background on my life thus far...I grew up in a sheltered Christian(Baptist) home where my dad was the pastor..yeah, never had a chance, did I, lol. Even though I knew how to play the Christian game, as I call it, and tell them what I knew they would want to hear, cause I am a people pleaser and didn't want to disappoint, I never felt anything they talked about. I used to watch my friends pray and worship and kept thinking to myself "what actually am I supposed to be feeling here?" I never heard any voice talk to me, even though I really did try to make it happen. I think that's when I first started to doubt. By teenage years my parents became Evangelist and that's when things really got crazy. I was coerced, threatened, belittled, manipulated and rejected often in the church simply cause I doubted and "ask too many questions", i was supposed to go on faith and not think..thinking was the devil.
By 18, I refused to go the church anymore, cause I was an adult, and I pretty much did whatever I could to get away from the church. My parents were not happy. I met my soon to be husband shortly after that and finally found a kindred soul, for he had gone through the same as me and we both were closet Atheists. It took some more years of growing up, having kids(twin boys) and realizing we didn't want our kids raised the way we were, to finally come out and say we are Atheist. My parents are not happy about it and in passive aggressive ways, tell me they are disappointed in me..but I could care less. I teach my kids to question and test everything..to seek truth and reason in everything. So that's my life thus far. Thanks for listening. Hope to make many friends here. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: Howdy, Everyone!
Glad you found this place. I hope it can provide some sense of community for you as you deal with delusional family.

And cool Terry Goodkind avatar. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
(07-07-2012 08:54 AM)stardust4ever Wrote:  never had a chance, did I
Speak like Yoda, do you. Tongue Welcome. So lucky to have twins, you are.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Happy to be here, I am. Oh yes. Lol Tongue Such wisdom, Yoda has. Lol And yes I love Terry Goodkind books. They were partly what gave me the courage to live my life my way. Big Grin I hope I can fit in here. I do love to give cookies and hugs if that helps. Hehe
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes stardust4ever's post
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Cookies and hugs - welcome, you are! Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
07-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Hugs are all right, I guess, but did you say COOKIES? Mmm!!!! Drooling

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Welcome to TTA, you are. Have a good time here, you will Wink

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxo_kbAE3BTt5fRJoD59Y...PbdOwoh_JC]

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Howdy orangejedi42 6 85 03-06-2014 11:23 PM