Howdy from Stillwater!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Wink Howdy from Stillwater!
Hey all!

My name is Jordan and I'm a college student at the Oklahoma State University and I'm seeking a Computer Science degree.

I'm a recent 'convert' to Atheism as of late 2014. I came from the strict Pentecostal world and I'm currently living in secrecy. I hope coming here will help me find some people I can actually talk to about this kinda stuff!

I found out about The Thinking Atheist this year when I went on a major binge for all things Atheist as I tore apart the beliefs I once held.

Hope to met some friends here!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phong's post
02-03-2015, 01:21 AM
RE: Howdy from Stillwater!
I think that many here have experienced that major binge.

Welcome to TTA

Smile

02-03-2015, 01:49 AM
Hello! Big Grin
02-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Welcome to TTA, Jordan.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2015, 11:32 AM
(02-03-2015 12:27 AM)Phong Wrote:  Hey all!

My name is Jordan and I'm a college student at the Oklahoma State University and I'm seeking a Computer Science degree.

I'm a recent 'convert' to Atheism as of late 2014. I came from the strict Pentecostal world and I'm currently living in secrecy. I hope coming here will help me find some people I can actually talk to about this kinda stuff!

I found out about The Thinking Atheist this year when I went on a major binge for all things Atheist as I tore apart the beliefs I once held.

Welcome, My mother is a fire and brimstone Pentecostal minister, I feel your pain. Inundate yourself with information, checkout our resource thread, recommended books etc, watch the videos on the home page, listen to the podcasts, information is knowledge, knowledge is the armor you need to thwart the delusional's never ending onslaught. Enjoy your stay, if you have any questions please feel free to ask..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
02-03-2015, 11:41 AM
(02-03-2015 12:27 AM)Phong Wrote:  Hey all!

Welcome, I live in OKC, you might want to check out the AOK website, also look for them on Facebook, they are one of the biggest atheist groups in the southwest.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
02-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Fellow CS student here!

Welcome!
02-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I've felt like you guys were already my family from just simply listening to the Thinking Atheist Podcast!
02-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Welcome! Jump right in Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta