Howdy from the Biblee Belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Howdy from the Biblee Belt
Well my joining this site is long overdue. I have wanted to for the longest.Just lazy I guess.
Amy is the name and I am a soon to be 30 year old housewife from Tulsa, OK. I was a born again christian for over 20 years. I once believed that god planned for me to fall in love with and marry an atheist because that is exactly what I did. I was so certain that god had charged me with the mission of convicting his heart to come to Jebus. My hubs had always been very accepting of me and I of him. This has been my first full year as a godless heathen in the 8 years we have been married. I thought I was going to "save" him. Turns out he saved me. He got me to tune in to this podcast by his buddy, Seth and the wheels have not stopped turning since. I am still closeted to my parents. I think this would most likely kill them.So I just tell them I am feeling agnostic (I'm not). Soooo yeah ok I'm gonna stop here before I write a novel. I may share my insane journey out of faith later on and its a good read. But for now, thanks for having me!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2012, 07:04 AM
RE: Howdy from the Biblee Belt
Welcome.

I think you will find comfort here as many have turned from Christianity.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
05-04-2012, 07:32 AM
(05-04-2012 07:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome.

I think you will find comfort here as many have turned from Christianity.
And some of us haven't seen the light yet.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Welcome aboard! I think you'll enjoy your time here.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume