Hubble shots to Lateralus by Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Hubble shots to Lateralus by Tool

I can't even put into words how much this moves me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-06-2013, 05:00 AM
RE: Hubble shots to Lateralus by Tool
(11-04-2013 06:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I can't even put into words how much this moves me.

I want this song played at my memorial. Tool has a lot of songs that are motivational, beautiful and emotional, but this is BY FAR the most of all three.
20-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Easily their best album (and probably the best song they have ever done as well), musically stimulating, intellectually stimulating, even spiritually stimulating in a weird deist kind of way. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to that album.

I count Tool all the time (a have a drummer friend who reads meters that got me into to counting Tool, it's his @ work hobby, lol)....but I never noticed the vaguely fibonacci thing (9,8,7)...I actually count it in smaller chunks of time 3, 3, 6, 3, 5, 4 but 9, 8, 7 makes more sense as that bar of 6 feels weird.

I'm off to go mix up the order of these tracks.

Ps. Maynard makes a pretty darn good wine too.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2013, 12:02 PM
That was awesome! Bowing

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I absolutely love tool. There's sometimes a bit of "spiritual woo" on some of his stuff, but I've always enjoyed his perspectives on "self" and enjoy musing to tool. Some of it really gets me into a fun mode of contemplation on stuff. Definitely one of my favorite albums, too. Good stuff, thanks for sharing!
20-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Very nice. I also like Tool.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-06-2013, 01:03 PM
If anyone has ever wondered what it's like to have a drug-induced hallucination, I highly suggest watching the video for their song "Vicarious."

[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
20-06-2013, 01:04 PM
(20-06-2013 01:03 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  If anyone has ever wondered what it's like to have a drug-induced hallucination, I highly suggest watching the video for their song "Vicarious."

Lol yeah Alex Gray was talking w/ Joe Rogan about how all his recent work is basically DMT on canvas.

20-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Is it weird that I've never actually done any substances and love tool? lmao.
20-06-2013, 01:09 PM
(20-06-2013 01:04 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Lol yeah Alex Gray was talking w/ Joe Rogan about how all his recent work is basically DMT on canvas.

That doesn't surprise me a bit. I love his work because it is influenced by eastern spirituality.

(20-06-2013 01:07 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Is it weird that I've never actually done any substances and love tool? lmao.

I'm in the same boat.