Hubby doesn't want anything for Xmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: Hubby doesn't want anything for Xmas
My hubby and I aren't really giving each other gifts for Christmas because we like to buy things for each other throughout the year. He's always buying things I ask for, so I don't feel a need to ask for something more for Christmas. My big Christmas gift from him was he helped me buy Christmas presents for my family (I LOVE Christmas shopping) and I got him a Cookie Clicker T-shirt (It's a silly game we've both been obsessed with).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_Artist's post
19-12-2014, 09:39 PM
(19-12-2014 08:30 PM)Atheist_Artist Wrote:  My big Christmas gift from him was he helped me buy Christmas presents for my family (I LOVE Christmas shopping) and I got him a Cookie Clicker T-shirt (It's a silly game we've both been obsessed with).

That's how Girly and Manly ride. She buys the presents for the whole family, I pay for them and I don't get to see them until they're unwrapped. And then I get all giddy seeing them all unwrapped. That's my Christmas presents.

[Image: pepper_1.gif]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2014, 12:14 AM
For some reason I have the urge to buy my wife some really nice boots for Christmas. I love women in long boots. I want her to wear the boots while we have sex. We've never done that.
21-12-2014, 04:40 AM
My wife once gave me a whole afternoon watching the "Godfather Trilogy" back to back, waiting on me in my Lazyboy with really nice food, beer, bourbon....

I once gave her a whole day as her personal shopping assistant on 5th Avenue New York....

Sometimes it's just about knowing what your partner has a selfish desire for...and fulfilling it.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
21-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Up until now my parents, us and my brother have had a really good deal going on. We don't buy anybody any presents. We save money, stress and space as a result.

But now my brother is wanting to adopt and my mother raised the concern that if he manages it then we will have to start buying presents again. The children can't be the only ones receiving presents otherwise it all becomes about them.

But we've been discussing how to get around this and come up with the idea that we buy presents for ourselves, or anything that we need or want anyway, and get the other person to wrap them up for us and give it to us on Christmas day. We'll just lie to the adopted children that we're buying each other presents.

"Oh just what I always wanted mum! A sink plunger! How did you know that my kitchen sink was overflowing?"
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-12-2014, 08:43 AM
(21-12-2014 05:16 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  But we've been discussing how to get around this and come up with the idea that we buy presents for ourselves, or anything that we need or want anyway, and get the other person to wrap them up for us and give it to us on Christmas day. We'll just lie to the adopted children that we're buying each other presents.

"Lie" is such an ugly word. Weeping

You'll be "playing make believe" in the spirit of the season. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Making Christmas magical for little kids is what it's about.

That, and getting together with family and friends for a nice meal.

The best thing about Christmas to me is that it has become the pause, after all the rush, that puts the finishing touches on the year. Followed by a week of breathing and getting ready to start the new year.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF