Huckabee wants no atheists in government.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2014 05:30 PM by Brian37.)
Huckabee wants no atheists in government.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...overnment/

The Huckabee Show @Huckabee on twitter.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
29-09-2014, 04:01 PM
RE: Huckabee wants no atheists in government.
And this is why atheists currently cannot be involved with the Republican party in the US.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like CiderThinker's post
29-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Huckabee can suck Roy Torcaso's and The Supreme Court's Constitutional dick. .... Fucking idiot.

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Re: Huckabee wants no atheists in government.
I would hope no atheists want Huckabee in government too. . . Not just based on anything to do wiry atheism, but since the man is a dolt.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
29-09-2014, 05:36 PM
(29-09-2014 04:01 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  And this is why atheists currently cannot be involved with the Republican party in the US.

Um since when is the word "atheist" a political party? Atheist is not a political party. I know Ayn Rand loving atheists and Che "end the private sector" atheists. I don't support either extreme.

And why would anyone, atheist or theist think it is a good idea to explode the pay gap, while everyone else besides the 1% slides down further? Maybe some think India and China's sweat shop slave wage mentality is moral, but don't ever expect me to buy that crap.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Fucking idiot. Someone should ask him if he ever once heard Jebus "talking in his heart" to say ONE thing he disagreed with. Of course not. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-09-2014, 06:08 PM
(29-09-2014 05:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 04:01 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  And this is why atheists currently cannot be involved with the Republican party in the US.

Um since when is the word "atheist" a political party? Atheist is not a political party. I know Ayn Rand loving atheists and Che "end the private sector" atheists. I don't support either extreme.

And why would anyone, atheist or theist think it is a good idea to explode the pay gap, while everyone else besides the 1% slides down further? Maybe some think India and China's sweat shop slave wage mentality is moral, but don't ever expect me to buy that crap.
My point is that if an atheist is to vote republican - they are from that point of view voting against their secular interests.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
29-09-2014, 10:09 PM
(29-09-2014 05:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fucking idiot. Someone should ask him if he ever once heard Jebus "talking in his heart" to say ONE thing he disagreed with. Of course not. Facepalm

Could this person be evidence that there is some truth to the biblical flood story?

I mean, he must have stepped out of somewhere, right?

Dodgy

29-09-2014, 10:40 PM
The only party where an outspoken atheist has a theoretical chance is the Green Party, which I find well intentioned but naive (but whom I still might consider voting for just for the sake of making a point). An openly atheist Democrat has about as little chance as an openly atheist Republican. I say openly because, although I can find very few examples of active politicians who are atheist, there are quite a few, even presidents, whom suddenly became a lot less religious after retirement. I suspect most politicians, even some of the seemingly nutty ones, aren't nearly as religious as they'd like the voters to believe.

'Murican Canadian
30-09-2014, 12:01 AM
(29-09-2014 10:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  ... I suspect most politicians, even some of the seemingly nutty ones, aren't nearly as religious as they'd like the voters to believe.

So hypocrites or liars.

I'm shocked.

Drinking Beverage