Huckabee wants no atheists in government.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Huckabee wants no atheists in government.
You're all missing the much more frightening point of his comments. He's not suggesting keeping out atheists. He is suggesting that only people with his particular religious views are qualified for government. He is advocating a theocracy based on evangelical Christian beliefs. So, moderate religious folks who don't believe gays will burn in hell are, by his standards, out of a job and not fit fit public service, which he equates with service to the Christian god.

The scary thing isn't that he believes this crap. The scary thing is people will actually vote for him. Fortunately, not enough for him to ever win a national election.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Why does this remind me of a story a while back that I saw on-I think it was the Vegan atheist- Where some minister or government guy or whoever it was, stated that: all atheists should register themselves on this list for being an atheist.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
01-10-2014, 06:17 PM
(29-09-2014 05:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fucking idiot. Someone should ask him if he ever once heard Jebus "talking in his heart" to say ONE thing he disagreed with. Of course not. Facepalm

Excellent point! Thumbsup
01-10-2014, 11:40 PM
(29-09-2014 10:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The only party where an outspoken atheist has a theoretical chance is the Green Party, which I find well intentioned but naive (but whom I still might consider voting for just for the sake of making a point). An openly atheist Democrat has about as little chance as an openly atheist Republican. I say openly because, although I can find very few examples of active politicians who are atheist, there are quite a few, even presidents, whom suddenly became a lot less religious after retirement. I suspect most politicians, even some of the seemingly nutty ones, aren't nearly as religious as they'd like the voters to believe.

And a Green Party candidate has no chance at all, unfortunately.

And this is the "World News" section. I fail to see how this is news.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
01-10-2014, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 12:24 AM by DLJ.)
(01-10-2014 04:50 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Why does this remind me of a story a while back that I saw on-I think it was the Vegan atheist- Where some minister or government guy or whoever it was, stated that: all atheists should register themselves on this list for being an atheist.

Good idea.

Should we also wear yellow stars and have a number tattooed on our forearm?

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-10-2014, 11:58 PM
(01-10-2014 11:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 04:50 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Why does this remind me of a story a while back that I saw on-I think it was the Vegan atheist- Where some minister or government guy or whoever it was, stated that: all atheists should register themselves on this list for being an atheist.

Good idea.

Should we also were yellow stars and have a number tattooed on our forearm?

Dodgy

Well the gays took all the pink stars Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-10-2014, 03:24 PM
As a former Republican voter... never once has religion influenced my vote. I never cared about what deity said candidate bowed to, it's always been about policy. And you're never going to agree with a candidate 100%, there is going to be give and take. I tend to lean more Libertarian now, both of the 2 main parties are indistinguishable at this point.

Maybe after we atheists remove religion from the world when can fix politics!

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
02-10-2014, 07:53 PM
(01-10-2014 11:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 11:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Good idea.

Should we also were yellow stars and have a number tattooed on our forearm?

Dodgy

Well the gays took all the pink stars Angry

I want my star to be purple or black! Black like our hearts are suppose to be.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ