Huge Concert Held For Manchester

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 05:09 AM
Huge Concert Held For Manchester
It was pretty great. I got kinda choked up. Some things just aren't supposed to happen. People being bombed at a concert is one of them. :'(

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
05-06-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: Huge Concert Held For Manchester
I saw some of that, it was amazing. It was absolutely the right thing to do, in every respect. I'm so impressed with the bravery and hard work that must have gone into organizing such an event on short notice.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
05-06-2017, 05:50 AM
Watched it last night. Seen a lot of comments, good and bad, about it and/or the artists involved, but it was a nice show.

I'm not 100% it actually accomplishes anything, but it was a good show, and gave a lot of people something to enjoy in a bad time.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
05-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Music can be so healing, I am glad they did this.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
05-06-2017, 07:25 AM
(05-06-2017 05:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Watched it last night. Seen a lot of comments, good and bad, about it and/or the artists involved, but it was a nice show.

I'm not 100% it actually accomplishes anything, but it was a good show, and gave a lot of people something to enjoy in a bad time.

It shows that this "terrorism" has brought us closer together, and that we won't be frightened into submission.

And it shows that people care, including the bands which mainly volunteered themselves from what I heard.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
05-06-2017, 07:31 AM
(05-06-2017 07:25 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Watched it last night. Seen a lot of comments, good and bad, about it and/or the artists involved, but it was a nice show.

It shows that this "terrorism" has brought us closer together, and that we won't be frightened into submission.

And it shows that people care, including the bands which mainly volunteered themselves from what I heard.
Don't get me wrong, I 'Get' it, and enjoyed the show. I'm one of the more "good for you" type people, although I don't necessarily think this actually "does" anything to stop terrorists/terrorism, which is where our priorities should be. And I know we never will 100% stop it, but you get the idea.

Just me being cynical I think.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
05-06-2017, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 09:29 AM by Cosmo.)

Must post this song also.

I'm curious where the love is as well.

I know it references God, but BEP did a good job of spreading the message of peace and love to all. That's the most important thing right now I think.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
05-06-2017, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 12:57 PM by Old Man Marsh.)
Wrong thread.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.