Hughsie, can you not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Hughsie, can you not?
(05-07-2013 11:59 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  You're right. I love you. You make my world go round. I just can't live without you. Please be mine forever.

Sorry, my mistake, forget what I just said. I forgot I actually hate you.

Big Grin

(05-07-2013 12:02 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Ato, I like and respect you, but you're way off base here. Using "gay" as a general term of disapproval may not be hate speech per se, but it's stupid and damaging.

The use of "gay" as a general pejorative originated in the '70s and became widespread among young people. It's an extension of "gay" in the homosexual sense. For many, "gay" was a term you applied to certain people you disapproved of. Its use then got extended to anything you disapproved of.

When a gay kid in a schoolyard hears his classmates say "Oh, that's so gay!" about something they want to put down, what do you think goes through his mind? You can argue till you're blue in the face that there's no connection, but of course there is. And the connection isn't lost on the kid.

Think about this: "Atheist" is a term that strikes terror in the hearts of a lot of people. Calling someone an atheist is, in many circles, a major insult. Suppose the term got extended in the same way young people have extended "gay," as a general pejorative. So when someone sees something icky, anything at all, they could respond, "That's so atheist!" Suppose when questioned about the term, they answered, "I have nothing against atheists. I don't hate them. It's just the way we use the word today." Do you think you'd be fine with that?

Both of you:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
(05-07-2013 12:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  You mustn't know how to shut the fuck up. Wink

Sorry Ferdy. I love you. You're the light of my life. You're like oxygen to me. I would trade the world for five minutes of your time.

I still think you're gay though. Big Grin

Dammit, so close, one day I'll be nice to you without ruining it at the end. For now though the wait continues.......

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
(05-07-2013 12:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 12:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I totally agree with you but remeber you were raised less in the 20th century than Cufflink. Big Grin

I think she meant 21st century but got her maths wrong. Alabama, ya know we have to make allowances.

Weeping

(05-07-2013 12:09 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I agree with what you say, but I think the word can be used to joke around. It's not hateful and it can be used to include homosexuality in a conversation in a non-threatening way. It can even help people come out "jokingly", which can be easier in some circumstances.

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT GRILLED CHEESE

HOW DOES ONE TURN A THREAD ABOUT CHEESE TOASTY INTO A THREAD ABOUT VERBALLY HARMING GAYS

HOW

I CANNOT Shocking

I'm sorry I used the word but for the sake of cheese toasty it's not a big deal.
05-07-2013, 12:16 PM
WHY IS NO-ONE OFFENDED BY FERDINAND SLANDERING ME AND MY ENTIRE COUNTRY?!?!?! Weeping

I hate her so much!!! Weeping

JOKES, love you Ferdy. Heart

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
05-07-2013, 12:19 PM
(05-07-2013 12:16 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  WHY IS NO-ONE OFFENDED BY FERDINAND SLANDERING ME AND MY ENTIRE COUNTRY?!?!?! Weeping

I hate her so much!!! Weeping

JOKES, love you Ferdy. Heart

"WHY IS NO-ONE OFFENDED BY FERDINAND SLANDERING ME AND MY ENTIRE COUNTRY?!?!?!"

You're British...enough said.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-07-2013, 12:21 PM
(05-07-2013 12:16 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  JOKES, love you Ferdy. Heart

Ok I actually feel like this is an appropriate time

[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
05-07-2013, 12:22 PM
(05-07-2013 12:16 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  WHY IS NO-ONE OFFENDED BY FERDINAND SLANDERING ME AND MY ENTIRE COUNTRY?!?!?! Weeping

Well to be fair your country is responsible for the spread of Racism in the world and the rise of Victorian morality so you English have a lot to answer to. After all that calling a grilled cheese sandwich a cheesy toast is almost enough to warrant nuclear eradication. Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
(05-07-2013 12:21 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ok I actually feel like this is an appropriate time

I say I love you, you call me gay.

Ferdy, do you have a penis?

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
(05-07-2013 12:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well to be fair your country is responsible for the spread of Racism in the world and the rise of Victorian morality so you English have a lot to answer to. After all that calling a grilled cheese sandwich a cheesy toast is almost enough to warrant nuclear eradication. Thumbsup

Yours is responsible for George Bush.

Best
Worst
05-07-2013, 12:24 PM
(05-07-2013 12:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 12:21 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ok I actually feel like this is an appropriate time

I say I love you, you call me gay.

Ferdy, do you have a penis?

Knowing her she has several, which colour did you want?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post