Hullo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Hullo
Hullo, my name is JesseB (as opposed to JesseA, and never confuse me with JesseC, that guy's just weird)

I would first like to thank Gwaithmir for dredging me up from the depths of wanton internet debauchery that is my normal stomping grounds at athiestnexus.org. He seemed to think it might be good for my sanity to be exposed to even more intelligent folks, and fun discussions (I jest, they are great folks over there).

If you hadn't noticed I rather enjoy bad humor (wait, my jokes are terrible? how come no one told me?)

I usually hail from California, or Texas, Or.... never-mind I travel too much. But I've been in California almost 2 years now, fun times. I grew up in a rather fundamental baptist home. I really didn't have to "de-convert" since that would imply I bought into the religion. By nature I am anti authoritarian, which has caused me a great deal of suffering living with authoritarian religious people. However I had to hide for over 30 years. I'm rather familiar with religious history, dogma, from a number of denominations. I'm also into biology, computer science, and wait.... now you all have figured out I'm a nerd huh? Ok I admit it, I'm a nerd.

I'm very familiar with religious abuse in the home. I currently live in the heart of a fundamentalist community without access to rational people to talk to offline.

Thanks for Having me!

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like JesseB's post
11-03-2017, 11:20 PM
RE: Hullo
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Hullo and welcome! You have come to the right place.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Hello and welcome. I live in the middle of the fucking bible belt so I know how you feel.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
11-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Welcome!
11-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Hi JesseB - good to have you. We do have a variety of folk here so, don't hesitate to jump in on the conversation.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Heya Jesse, you sound like fun Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
12-03-2017, 12:21 AM
(12-03-2017 12:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Heya Jesse, you sound like fun Smile

I don't know dude, I have it on "High" authority I'm a soulless bastard Evil_monster

If that don't scare you away then welcome friend Big Grin

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Welcome!