Hullo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 01:23 AM
Hullo
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 03:27 AM
RE: Hullo
Welcome to The Thinking Atheist. I look forward to reading your posts. Smile
12-03-2017, 03:32 AM
Thank you my friend. I'm already enjoying my time here. I'm glad you suggested I check this place out.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-03-2017, 05:23 AM
Welcome to TTA!
12-03-2017, 05:42 AM
Welcome.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
12-03-2017, 05:45 AM
Welcome Smile If I may ask, how did you end up stuck in this fundamentalist asylum that you said you live in?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-03-2017, 06:02 AM
(12-03-2017 05:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile If I may ask, how did you end up stuck in this fundamentalist asylum that you said you live in?

It's complicated. My family all lives near here. I had finally gotten away to Texas, was doing all right. I had two real problems. 1 I was still alone, I didn't find the atheist community of Austin till I got back here. Has I known about other atheists at the time my world would look very different today. 2 I was working on fixing the internet, it was an ok job, but I had hit a wall. Without more education I had no hope at moving up in my career. My family had made it very difficult for me to get my A.S. In the end I put myself through college and they constantly found ways to make my life more difficult. However they claimed to have turned over a new leaf, they wanted to work together. By offering to help pay for school they got me to relocate back home. They lied. It was a nightmare. I'm now in a pretty bad situation no car, no real job. And little chance of regaining my freedom. But I'm still trying.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 06:03 AM
Sorry for typos I'm about to go to bed and responding from my phone. Stupid autocorrect.

Big Grin
12-03-2017, 06:15 AM
(12-03-2017 06:02 AM)JesseB Wrote:  They lied. It was a nightmare. I'm now in a pretty bad situation no car, no real job. And little chance of regaining my freedom. But I'm still trying.

How old are you? You are aware that them holding you against your will is a crime?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-03-2017, 06:22 AM
(12-03-2017 06:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 06:02 AM)JesseB Wrote:  They lied. It was a nightmare. I'm now in a pretty bad situation no car, no real job. And little chance of regaining my freedom. But I'm still trying.

How old are you? You are aware that them holding you against your will is a crime?

I'm 36. And I was able to escape to a cheap apartment up the mountain after my dad got drunk and assaulted me. However breaking the law is nothing new to them. Anyway when I finished college I bought a car. My mother​ Co signed. I found out that on the title was listed me OR her. So she sold my car to my father and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. After all i quit my job and blew all my savings moving back here. Part of their requirements for offering to pay for school. So I'm stuck I'm this small apartment 50 miles from the closest grocery store 3,000 feet down the mountain. I'm stuck and they know it.

I'm sure they figure if I go hungry long enough I'll be forced to go back home. After all I don't have any other options now.

Big Grin