Hullo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 07:59 AM by JesseB.)
RE: Hullo
(12-03-2017 07:46 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Glad you got a job. Save enough for first and last and move somewhere else. Or stay there.

I will move, but I'm a bit concerned about your math skills at this point. You don't need to worry about me, I've been taking care if myself a long time. That's why I'm so frustrated that I let myself be caught like this. You know back when I was married I worked 72 hour shifts on a drilling rig operating hydraulic tongs running casing pipe. I know what hard work is. After my wife left I put myself through college. It was hard as hell but I maintained a 4.0 GPA until my last term and got a job at the school working as a tutor. I graduated with a 3.5 in computer networked systems. I value my independence and my freedom. That's why I'm mad at myself knowing what my family is like and falling prey to them just the same. But make no mistake my life is far from over. I will get myself back into a good place one day. With or without anyone helping.

Edit* in college the school work was pretty easy. It was the constant starvation lack of money to pay bills, and a 4 month period of homelessness living on the streets my last term that was hard as hell. But it was worth it. I would do it again for a B.S. all the way up to a PhD if I could.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
12-03-2017, 08:39 AM
HA! I like you already.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
12-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum. Pull up a toadstool.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
12-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Thought I'd look into athiestnexus.org. When I started to sign up a window showed up that said that whatever I entered would be insecure, that I should try adding HTTPS:// but the site doesn't have a secure URL so I backed out. This is the first time I've had that happen when signing up for whatever.

Apparently it is something Firefox has recently added.

In and case Welcome to TTA

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
12-03-2017, 11:05 AM
(12-03-2017 11:01 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  Thought I'd look into athiestnexus.org. When I started to sign up a window showed up that said that whatever I entered would be insecure, that I should try adding HTTPS:// but the site doesn't have a secure URL so I backed out. This is the first time I've had that happen when signing up for whatever.

Stay here we are better.
12-03-2017, 11:14 AM
(12-03-2017 11:05 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 11:01 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  Thought I'd look into athiestnexus.org. When I started to sign up a window showed up that said that whatever I entered would be insecure, that I should try adding HTTPS:// but the site doesn't have a secure URL so I backed out. This is the first time I've had that happen when signing up for whatever.

Stay here we are better.

Granted, I have no intention of moving on, just wanted to see what was going on at that site.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
12-03-2017, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 11:26 AM by JesseB.)

In and case Welcome to TTA

Ya I noticed that too. Prolly the site admin was too lazy to pay the security certificate fees. I've been there a while and didn't feel like worrying about it. But I don't think you should visit any site that makes you uncomfortable. Verisigns been hacked before, and has handed out poisoned security certificates, and when I worked at the ISP many of our internal tools would come up that way cause the bosses didn't feel like paying for a security certificate. It's a complex tech issue. I won't assure you that you are safe, I will just say I wasn't that worried and haven't seen any indications that I should be worried.... yet.

I plan on moving all my blog posts from there to forum posts here, so you'll get to see all my stuff regardless. I liked that site because they were an Atheist only group, were small and generally pretty decent people. Helped me gain some measure of confidence about being more open.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
12-03-2017, 12:52 PM
I choose not to hide. I simply want to try and live an honest life now. This is why I talk openly about "bad" things, hard things, and things that happened long ago. Yet aside from my general attempt at a commitment to openness this video sums up the rest of my thoughts and feelings on the subject well. Perhaps this may help people understand why I say I'm not complaining or seeking pity.

I hope one day I can help other's who've known how cold, heartless, and isolated the world really is.

Big Grin