Human Chimp-Pig Hybrid Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2013, 01:41 AM
RE: Human Chimp-Pig Hybrid Theory
Whoops, after backtracking further in the thread I see that holoprosencephaly was already mentioned, including in the specific case of that piglet. Which then begs the question: why is it still being mentioned on page 10 as evidence? It has been debunked; it is not evidence for primate-pig hybrids.

I would very much like to see you update your website to reflect this information. I will use that (or the failure to do so) as a measure of your desire for honest scientific inquiry.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ThatGuy777's post
15-08-2013, 07:56 AM
This is in response to comment #100 by ThatGuy777:

I'm sorry, but I can't just take your undocumented word for this "fact." Please cite a published paper demonstrating that the "piglet" in question has holoprosencephaly. In my experience, there is nothing more common than for people, who don't want to believe that a given type of hybrid actually is a hybrid, to say instead that the hybrid is a variant or mutant or "suffering from a condition." Smile
15-08-2013, 08:01 AM
(15-08-2013 07:56 AM)koolokamba Wrote:  I'm sorry, but I can't just take your undocumented word for this "fact." Please cite a published paper demonstrating that the "piglet" in question has holoprosencephaly. In my experience, there is nothing more common than for people, who don't want to believe that a given type of hybrid actually is a hybrid, to say instead that the hybrid is a variant or mutant or "suffering from a condition." Smile

I'm sorry, but I can't just take your undocumented word for this "fact." Please cite a published paper demonstrating that the "piglet" in question is a pig-monkey hybrid.

... this is my signature!
15-08-2013, 08:01 AM
This is a response to comment #99 by houseofcantor:

Think about it more carefully. You could just as well say "Aliens did not place pigs and humans in different taxonomic orders." or "Godzilla did not place pigs and humans in different taxonomic orders." or "Superman did not place pigs and humans in different taxonomic orders." All of these would be accurate, truthful statements. And they would not imply that aliens, Godzilla or Superman existed.
15-08-2013, 08:03 AM
This is a response to comment #103 by cjlr:

I don't have to, because I nowhere claim that it is a pig-monkey hybrid. Smile
15-08-2013, 08:06 AM
(15-08-2013 08:03 AM)koolokamba Wrote:  This is a response to comment #103 by cjlr:

I don't have to, because I nowhere claim that it is a pig-monkey hybrid. Smile

Right then.

So it's mentioned on your website... why?

15-08-2013, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 08:16 AM by koolokamba.)
This is a response to comment #103 by cjlr:

But are you are claiming it isn't a monkey-pig or human-pig? If so, you do have to cite sources demonstrating that claim, at least you do if you want to play fair. All I'm saying is that a lot of people who have seen those pictures do think that it's a monkey-pig or human-pig. And looking at those pictures, I can see why. Smile
15-08-2013, 08:23 AM
(15-08-2013 08:12 AM)koolokamba Wrote:  But are you are claiming it isn't a monkey-pig or human-pig? If so, you do have to cite sources demonstrating that claim, at least you do if you want to play fair. All I'm saying is that a lot of people who have seen those pictures do think that it's a monkey-pig or human-pig. And looking at those pictures, I can see why. Smile

But are you claiming it isn't a birth defect? If so, you do have to cite sources demonstrating that claim, at least you do if you want to play fair. All I'm saying is that a lot of people who have seen those pictures do think it's a birth defect. And look at those pictures, I can see why. Smile

15-08-2013, 08:31 AM
This is a response to comment #108 by cjlr:

As I said in my last post: "All I'm saying is that a lot of people who have seen those pictures do think that it's a monkey-pig or human-pig. And looking at those pictures, I can see why." So it looks like we're in agreement. Smile
15-08-2013, 09:07 AM
This is a response to comment #106 by cjlr ("Right then. So it's mentioned on your website... why?"):

I'm sorry, but until just now I somehow overlooked this comment. Generally speaking, in all of the various articles about hybrid crosses on my website, I include any relevant information that I find. Since many people think that those photos suggest that that "piglet" is a human-pig or monkey-pig, those photos are relevant to an article on primate-pig hybrids. That remains true, whether or not there are people like you who think that it is some sort of non-hybrid condition.

I see my role as similar to that of my wife, who is a journalist. She compiles, checks and documents information on various topics, but she avoids ever injecting her own personal opinions into the articles she writes. In fact, that's considered unprofessional. The idea is to provide accurate information that others can use to form their own judgments. For example, if she said that she believed one of our county commissioners had been stealing from public funds, it would carry virtually no weight with readers. But if she documented that a $50,000 deposit had been made in one of their accounts and that $50,000 dollars was missing from the public till, many people would be interested. Some of them would even be convinced that malfeasance had occurred.

As I say, I see my job in the same way, as that of a reporter: to provide accurate, relevant information and to avoid injecting my own personal opinions. Even if you don't agree that that "piglet" is a human-pig hybrid, I'm sure you can see why other people might think the contrary. So it's relevant. And I challenge you to find even a single statement that I've made, on that page or any of the other pages on my website (there are more than 700), that's inaccurate. This is not to say that you'll be unable to do so. Everyone makes mistakes. But I've been careful and I think you'll have a hard time.

And regarding holoprosencephaly, I'm beginning to smell hand waving. Where are the alleged sources documenting that this creature was the product of that condition? Smile