Human Chimp-Pig Hybrid Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: Human Chimp-Pig Hybrid Theory
(15-08-2013 12:32 PM)koolokamba Wrote:  This is a response to the sixth comment in post #113 by Nach_in ("insists on discrediting others instead of actually explaining and providing evidence as any scientist would do"):

Who, specifically, have I insisted on discrediting? So far as I know, I have studiously avoided making ad hominem remarks. Isn't it true that in fact your last post was intended to somehow discredit me? Please restrict yourself to the points under debate and avoid casting aspersions on my character. If you continue to do that, I will cease responding to you.

As to providing evidence, many, many people have commented that I provide on my website massive amounts of evidence supporting the pig-ape hypothesis. And as to explaining, I have been repeatedly told that it's all so clearly explained that anyone could understand. So I can only conclude that you're being more demanding than most people. I can't do anything about that, unless perhaps you have specific points that you want explained that you don't understand. If that's the case, please let me know and I'll be happly to do so. Smile

We are probably less demanding than the peer-reviewed journals that have not published your work on this.

Much of your evidence is unconvincing or unchecked. Quantity does not substitute for quality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-08-2013, 12:47 PM
(15-08-2013 12:44 PM)koolokamba Wrote:  This is a response to the seventh comment in post #113 by Nach_in ("And he just raised the third creatard red flag: 'theory is not fact'"):
The following definitions of theory are from Webster's Third New International Dictionary:

-A belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as a basis of action
-A hypothetical entity or structure explaining or relating an observed set of facts
-A working hypothesis given probability by experimental evidence or by factual or conceptual analysis but not conclusively established or accepted as a law

Do you dispute these definitions? Do you somehow see them as being also definitions of the word fact?

scientific theory
Web definitions
a theory that explains scientific observations; "scientific theories must be falsifiable".
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

In Science Theories are actually 1 step ABove Laws as they explain the interaction between laws. Using the laymans term interchangeably with the Scientific term is irresponsible and dishonest so yes in this context your definition is incorrect.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 12:55 PM
This is a response to the eighth comment in post #113 by Nach_in ("he also used the term 'macroevolution' (his website name)"):

I took years of graduate classes in standard evolutionary theory, and in those classes the term macroevolution was commonly used and generally accepted. It refers to evolution that produces new forms treated as separate species. I realize that creationists use that word, but there are lots of words that creationists use that scientists do, too. Also, these days it's not as if you can pick any domain name you want. Macroevolution seemed like a good pick at the time because it was available and it was relevant to one of the main topics of the website. Domain names like evolution.com, etc. were taken long ago. So what's so shocking?
15-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Hey guy. When you refuse to address the many, many objections pointed out to you, when you credulously accept unreliable eyewitnesses over outside experts, when you facetiously shift the burden of proof, and when you have the hypocrisy to falsely accuse others of the same behaviour - well.

We have some small experience with trolls in these parts. And you, sirrah, are a troll.

... this is my signature!
15-08-2013, 01:07 PM
This is a response to the eighth comment in post #122 by Revenant77x ("In Science Theories are actually 1 step ABove Laws as they explain the interaction between laws. Using the laymans term interchangeably with the Scientific term is irresponsible and dishonest so yes in this context your definition is incorrect. "):

You're the one who's doing an interchange. You've replaced "theory" with "scientific theory." Smile
15-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I've been waiting for some time for valid, non-ad-hominem comments and questions. When I get some, I'll respond. Smile
15-08-2013, 01:24 PM
(15-08-2013 01:07 PM)koolokamba Wrote:  This is a response to the eighth comment in post #122 by Revenant77x ("In Science Theories are actually 1 step ABove Laws as they explain the interaction between laws. Using the laymans term interchangeably with the Scientific term is irresponsible and dishonest so yes in this context your definition is incorrect. "):

You're the one who's doing an interchange. You've replaced "theory" with "scientific theory." Smile

Sorry Bub but when discussing Science you use the Scientific term not the laymans. So try again.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-08-2013, 01:37 PM
So far as I can see there's nothing serious or informative going on here. I'm moving elsewhere. Smile
15-08-2013, 01:45 PM
and thus the troll moves away, far from its bridge, in search of other souls to torture... and other pigs to have steamy, dirty, loving sex with. Farewell!! and troll on!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-08-2013, 01:56 PM
(15-08-2013 01:11 PM)koolokamba Wrote:  I've been waiting for some time for valid, non-ad-hominem comments and questions. When I get some, I'll respond. Smile

You could try addressing the points I raised back on the first page. You could try that.

(15-08-2013 01:37 PM)koolokamba Wrote:  So far as I can see there's nothing serious or informative going on here. I'm moving elsewhere. Smile

Good riddance. Your theory is bad and you should feel bad.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post