Human Sacrifice in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Human Sacrifice in the Bible
Knowing that Theists summarily reject/avoid the following scriptures raised, as the Atheist most assuredly does not understand their intended context as "believers" do through the work of the "Holy Spirit", I still offer this short list of scripture passages that show God endorsing human and child sacrifice, to debaters to possibly catch some Theists off guard and possibly educate those questioning their faith of some Theistic atrocities to consider:

Leviticus 27:28-29 re:devoting (sacrificing) human slaves to the Lord
Genesis 22:1-18 re:sacrificing your child as a test of faith
and 4 other passages that directly cite God's endorsement of killing humans as a sacrifice to God that is pleasing to "Him":
Judges 11:29-40
Joshua 7:15
Kings 23:20-25
Deuteronomy 13:13-19

I really haven't seen Atheists point to these specific verses enough in my opinion to keep hammering home to Theists how horrible their "Loving God" truly is...

Finally, I want you all to know that to any die hard believers that "witness" to me my need of the Lord's salvation, I always take their challenge to read the Bible, only if they promise to read Steve Well's "DRUNK WITH BLOOD, God's Killings in the Bible" which I give them a copy of. I tell them that if they read the entire book and still believe, that they will ensure they are "a Saint of the Lord's." Smile

I recommend non-believers to read Steve's book also as a hysterically funning and horrifying read, at the same time. Glad that petty, narcissistic, jealous, sadomasochistic God doesn't exist. That's the truly Good News!!!

Best,
CaptKram1963 also known as "Whip Leather" on Twitter Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 05:55 PM by PoolBoyG.)
RE: Human Sacrifice in the Bible
Or you can point to the the human sacrifice that's their very symbol - the emblem of their religion - "Jesus Christ".

The story goes:
1. The god character made a realm where people can suffer in eternity.
2. The god character created people knowing they'd suffer for eternity.
3. People now automatically suffer for eternity (eden, apple, etc)
3. The god character decided to changed this after several thousand years. Thought up a convoluted scheme to reverse it.
4. The god character created a person (or became a human).
5. The god character sacrificed the person (or himself) TO himself.
6. The person then becomes a demigod (or he returns back as a full god).
7. People don't automatically suffer for eternity now. But the realm of eternal suffering is still open for various other reasons... like eating shellfish, or wearing clothes with mixed fabrics, etc.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
11-08-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Human Sacrifice in the Bible
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithpromot...ael/#_ftn1

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user