Humanism Higher Standards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2017, 05:47 AM
RE: Humanism Higher Standards
(21-09-2017 10:00 PM)Oaken Wrote:  Tomasia,

Oaken regrets to inform you that he does not debate or engage in conversation with religious people while on this site. In lieu of conversation he offers you this picture of a kitten.

[Image: 01-kitten-cuteness-1.jpg]

> I want one. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
22-09-2017, 07:28 AM
(21-09-2017 05:26 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 04:51 AM)Oaken Wrote:  THE HUMANIST ALTERNATIVE
So, I said all that to say that I find it quite refreshing to see the standards at the Humanist group I am supporting be so very much higher. I doubt there is a single church in America that has standards as high as BrighterBrains.org. I am still new to supporting Atheist/Humanist groups and looking to support projects and groups all over the world. I couldn't help but notice the clear and public standards against corruption.

Except in regards to humanism they're not standards at all. They're more like a rule of thumb, a decretive frill, non-binding, whose member's lack any moral authority.

You attend a humanist gathering not to elevate your moral life, or bring to light your moral transgression, or to resolve moral conflicts in your community, but to pat yourself on the back, about how good your are. If you're looking for the epitome of cringe, attend your local humanist gathering.

No one's likely to ever tell you "how unhumanist you are" when you behave badly. Because even humanist know it doesn't really matter. Craig Stephen Hicks was a humanist, but it was so irrelevant no one even wondered about it's impotency.

And the " devout" attend their churches so they can lie, cheat, rape, steal and kill - with "God's" approval.

Need an example?

Read any newspaper. You' ll find one.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-09-2017, 08:15 PM
(02-09-2017 04:51 AM)Oaken Wrote:  GOD hired him for the job and that only GOD could fire him.

Damn. Donald Trump was on the Board of Trustees? Blink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
23-09-2017, 06:04 PM
(21-09-2017 10:00 PM)Oaken Wrote:  Tomasia,

Oaken regrets to inform you that he does not debate or engage in conversation with religious people while on this site. In lieu of conversation he offers you this picture of a kitten.

[Image: 01-kitten-cuteness-1.jpg]

I'll take it.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."