Humanity and life on this planet - The point of no return.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: Humanity and life on this planet - The point of no return.
(23-01-2017 08:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if Trump nuked Korea and/or the middle east.

That should change the course of things.

Trump won't nuke the ME. He has too many financial connections with Muslim dictators. Source: Donald Trump still does business in Saudi Arabia, despite blaming the country for 9/11

And Kim Jong Un supported Trump's Presidential bid. Given Trump's "you rub my back, I'll rub yours" attitude, I don't expect him to nuke NK either unless there's a direct threat. Source: North Korea praises Trump and urges US voters to reject 'dull Hillary'
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 08:28 AM
RE: Humanity and life on this planet - The point of no return.
The points I was going to make have already been brought up but I’ll expand them.

Just as you can never kill every last cockroach I don’t think the species will go extinct anytime soon, by soon I mean thousands of years. Somehow, somewhere a few, and by few I mean 100,000 - 1,000,000 mutant homo sapiens will cling to life.

Limited natural resources will be our downfall, especially drinking water. Right after that will be food. The shortage of both will lead us to ever larger wars in an effort to control productive territory.

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” ~ Isaac Asimov

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply