Humans Can Be Awesome

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2015 04:57 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Humans Can Be Awesome
We spend a lot of time in here talking about some of humanity's negative traits, our tribal-evolution's legacy of prejudice and violence and cruelty.

Just wanted to take a few moments to remind myself and all of us that humans can be pretty awesome, too:

(I like this one because it has Jane Goodall in it, @ 3m:12s.)

(A shorter one.)

(This is a broader compilation; I like the dog-rescue in the beginning, which is why I included it. Also includes a favorite I saw a while back, "Cop stops to play catch with lonely kid.")

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-08-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: Humans Can Be Awesome
Those things always make me tear up--especially the animal ones. Those were really nice. Thanks for posting! Smile
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
15-08-2015, 05:14 PM
I saw enough kindness in the hospital to last a lifetime. Plus I've always loved humanity. But they can drive you nuts at times. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
15-08-2015, 05:38 PM
(15-08-2015 04:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We spend a lot of time in here talking about some of humanity's negative traits, our tribal-evolution's legacy of prejudice and violence and cruelty.

Just wanted to take a few moments to remind myself and all of us that humans can be pretty awesome, too:

(A shorter one.)

(This is a broader compilation; I like the dog-rescue in the beginning, which is why I included it. Also includes a favorite I saw a while back, "Cop stops to play catch with lonely kid.")

That was wonderful. I wish I could give more than just one "like" to those videos.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-08-2015, 05:50 PM
(15-08-2015 04:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We spend a lot of time in here talking about some of humanity's negative traits, our tribal-evolution's legacy of prejudice and violence and cruelty.

(A shorter one.)

Thanks dick, I needed to cry tonight Weeping

I am big weepy man who watches way to many movies that make me cry, and today I avoided those (when wife is out of town for a couple weeks helping her mom I tend to watch way to many romantic comedies, which just make me miss her more) but noooooo you had to post this shit......nicely done actually Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
15-08-2015, 06:17 PM
This is going to put a serious dent in your street cred, you big bad mean ol' fluffy bear.

Tongue

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
15-08-2015, 07:22 PM
If he was worried about street cred, he wouldn't have joined the Navy!

*ducks and quickly exits*

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Our very own Peebo is proof of that!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-08-2015, 12:23 PM
I think the ability to show love and compassion towards other creatures is one of humanity's greatest virtues.

[Image: spore_creature___placerias_png_by_tote_m...7onlgm.png]" Placerias tastes amazing. " --- Me
16-08-2015, 01:08 PM
[Image: Melting-ice-polar-bear.jpg]

Mwahahahahaha

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.