Humans DIDN'T come from flatworms.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 01:10 AM
Okay it sounds wacky. But truth of the matter is... It's true. There is biological evidence humans came from flatworms. From flatworms to fish, to amphibians to lizards to mammals, etc. So what are your thoughts? (I'm new so don't be surprised if I post somewhere odd)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2015, 06:17 AM
RE: Humans DIDN'T come from flatworms.
Thoughts on what exactly? Evolution is certainly the best explanation for the available evidence and some of our distant ancestors undoubtedly looked like worms. What's your point?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-11-2015, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 06:53 AM by izel.)
Starting a thread with Humans DIDN'T come from flatworms. in a Atheist forum and asking our thoughts? No....it does not sound wacky. Not nearly as wacky as Adam and Eve in an earth created in 6 days 6000 years ago. Yes we come from apes, yes we are animals, no god did not create us. Those are the facts. Get over it... If you have any real questions about evolution however, feel free to ask Smile There are some very knowledgeable people here who think freely without interruption of god or gods.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2015, 07:14 AM
(13-11-2015 01:10 AM)Thadd Wrote:  Okay it sounds wacky. But truth of the matter is... It's true. There is biological evidence humans came from flatworms. From flatworms to fish, to amphibians to lizards to mammals, etc. So what are your thoughts? (I'm new so don't be surprised if I post somewhere odd)

I don't understand. Do you or don't you believe that humans descended from the same ancestor as all life? (titling your post one thing and then implying another in your OP is confusing)

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
13-11-2015, 07:46 AM
No, because flatworms are protostomes while we are deterostomes

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 6 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
13-11-2015, 08:09 AM

Wanna bet. I know at least a couple people who look like worms. Sadcryface2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Unless it was a genetic variety form protostomes to detrostomes. life started of as a single cell organism then evolved from that. So obviously we evolved up threw the entire chain of life an all animals are in a way "cousins" including jelly fish!? So seeing as flat worm type critters were some of the first successful "complex" organisms it is more than likely that we evolved from them...as well as most organisms today.....all praise our flatworm ancestors.
13-11-2015, 09:03 AM
(13-11-2015 08:13 AM)greenman688 Wrote:  Unless it was a genetic variety form protostomes to detrostomes. life started of as a single cell organism then evolved from that. So obviously we evolved up threw the entire chain of life an all animals are in a way "cousins" including jelly fish!? So seeing as flat worm type critters were some of the first successful "complex" organisms it is more than likely that we evolved from them...as well as most organisms today.....all praise our flatworm ancestors.

No, they are two seperate superphylums that split from bilatera. to add deuterostomes appeared some 251 mya before flatworms.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-11-2015, 11:19 AM
(13-11-2015 09:03 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 08:13 AM)greenman688 Wrote:  Unless it was a genetic variety form protostomes to detrostomes. life started of as a single cell organism then evolved from that. So obviously we evolved up threw the entire chain of life an all animals are in a way "cousins" including jelly fish!? So seeing as flat worm type critters were some of the first successful "complex" organisms it is more than likely that we evolved from them...as well as most organisms today.....all praise our flatworm ancestors.

No, they are two seperate superphylums that split from bilatera. to add deuterostomes appeared some 251 mya before flatworms.

Just curious, is the classification system intrinsically defined by evolutionary development? Seems like that would be the case, but as I am an engineer and not a biologist, I wanted to ask an expert.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
13-11-2015, 11:26 AM
(13-11-2015 11:19 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 09:03 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No, they are two seperate superphylums that split from bilatera. to add deuterostomes appeared some 251 mya before flatworms.

Just curious, is the classification system intrinsically defined by evolutionary development? Seems like that would be the case, but as I am an engineer and not a biologist, I wanted to ask an expert.

It is now.