Humans are Inherently Stupid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't believe anyone that tells me that humans are inherently stupid because they've just told me that they are stupid.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ghost's post
29-03-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Humans are Inherently Stupid
Ah, but you don't get it. They are not stupid, because they are... wait, why are they different from all the rest of humankind again? Well, I forget, but they are not stupid. Everyone else is, though. Esp. those who don't agree with them.

[Image: open-uri20120802-9383-1ozgh8w.jpeg?1343943539]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
29-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Predictive answer to a question posed to rbmead1960, I'm trying out my psychic powers

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
29-03-2013, 04:02 PM
(29-03-2013 01:40 PM)Ghost Wrote:  I don't believe anyone that tells me that humans are inherently stupid because they've just told me that they are stupid.

Matt

Is inherent stupidity reflected in an intelligent and holistic view of the world?

Are their mitigating factors?

Do we often confuse cleverness in the short term with wisdom for the long?

Everyone in the world is mad except I and thou and even thou art a little mad.....
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
29-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Now I feel like watching Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead again.
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
29-03-2013, 04:21 PM
(29-03-2013 04:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Now I feel like watching Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead again.

Love this movie (and the play!) so much.

“We are tied down to a language which makes up in obscurity what it lacks in style.” (And, if I may add, what it lacks in substance, too, a lot of the time.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Consider
You mean, on an individual basis or humans in general... as a species?

Inherently stupid? Hmm... again, on an individual basis ... ? Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
29-03-2013, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 05:10 PM by Luminon.)
(29-03-2013 01:40 PM)Ghost Wrote:  I don't believe anyone that tells me that humans are inherently stupid because they've just told me that they are stupid.

Matt
A person is clever. People are stupid. Their ability of cooperation is limited, they can cooperate only on the level of base emotions. Such as crowds.

Group awareness, action and cooperation is a skil to be learned and needs a unifying reason of some kind. Today we see people getting more clever in being aware of the global environment, of nature, of consumerism. Sociologists speak of people rejecting not just traditions in favor of modernity, but the very modernity itself! Good job! Cool

29-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Matt

So you're saying stupid people cannot make factual statements? Or are you saying you cannot accept factual statements from stupid people?

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-03-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 07:09 PM by Misanthropik.)

Matt

Humans are inherently stupid. Including those who are just less-stupid enough to pick up on it. Drinking Beverage

What you're employing is a tu quoque argument. I highly doubt you'd dismiss a murderer's claim that murder is wrong.

With that said; Merriam Webster defines "stupid" thusly:

a: slow of mind : obtuse

b: given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner

c: lacking intelligence or reason : brutish

I think we can all agree that, inherently, people display these characteristics. Just look at a child who knows fuck-all about the world and interacts with it accordingly.

But we can - at least in part - remedy those qualities as we mature. Cool So, inherently? Yes. Permanently? Less so. (But still yes)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post