Humans are Inherently Stupid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Humans are Inherently Stupid
Hey, Misanthrope.

There's no fallacy here. I fail to even see where you're coming from on that one.

1 - I'm not talking about two cocks.

2 - I'm not appealing to hypocrisy. I'm simply pointing to the logical conclusion of the argument. If someone says that all humans are/have X, then they themselves are/have X.

3 - Calling all people stupid isn't an opinion, it's a statement about the nature of reality. It is a self-admission.

4 - The only hypocrisy involved is if someone says that all humans are stupid EXCEPT ME because A - that's special pleading and B - that's some arrogant insupportable bullshit right there.

So 5 - I don't listen to people who call themselves stupid or who demonstrate vomit inducing arrogance.

And 6 - I personally think that the world would be a better place if we all believed that we ourselves were smart and capable, that everyone else was smart and capable and that everyone deserves our respect and that everyone can be a valued partner but that the world is a cesspool of dehumanisation, dismissal and unresolved conflict when we walk around flippantly thinking that everyone else is just stupid.

Finally 7 - Please understand that when I said "ergo you're stupid" that was just a 'by that rationale' thing. I think you're plenty smart Smile

Hey, DLJ.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Hey, Cantor.

If you have trouble respecting everyone, then think of your Gwynnies and then think of her asking, "What would Brian Boitano do?"

Hey, Cardinal.

That's actually a profound statement that not everyone recognises. Also, we inherently taste like chicken Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Problem being the implied word 'all'.

It's a generalisation and generalisations are stoopid.

There is also an whiff of absolutes i.e. completely stoopid vs awesomely intelligent.

Personnally, I would say I am relatively stoopid regarding many things much of the time.

The only things in which I claim non-stupidity are the things I am paid to be wise about... gotta maintain credibility (i.e. bluff) in those areas.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-03-2013, 09:12 AM
I'd listen to ya, Ghost, but yer stoopid. Big Grin

I only jumped into this thread because you're always jumping on your moral high horse about something. Only this time you didn't secure the saddle. Tongue

Your generalization implies that you're the only intelligent one, but using intelligence as inherent is generally fail. For instance, I'm peeking around the corner with my trusty AK. Say to my lieutenant, "Cover me!"

And I jump around the corner...

And he covers me with a blanket...

Fail.

(Well, I visualized that in my head this morning.)

Thus, training. And why da fuq peeps get trained for, if they ain't inherently stupid? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2013, 09:49 AM
According to the definition offered earlier in the thread, based in this concept of speed ("slow of mind"), stupidity must be relative. What one calls stupidity, another may call intellect. Further, why measure it as a single metric of an individual? There are many aspects to life which my brain struggles to comprehend which I see others seem to comprehend with ease. The reverse is sometimes true with yet other aspects.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
30-03-2013, 12:03 PM
(30-03-2013 08:41 AM)Ghost Wrote:  That's actually a profound statement that not everyone recognises. Also, we inherently taste like chicken Cool

I have it on very good authority that we taste like pork.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-03-2013, 01:18 PM
(30-03-2013 12:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2013 08:41 AM)Ghost Wrote:  That's actually a profound statement that not everyone recognises. Also, we inherently taste like chicken :cool:

I have it on very good authority that we taste like pork.:coffee:

Not I. I taste of gumbo.
30-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Hey, Chas.

I find that the fact that you know somebody who knows is exceptionally disturbing.

Hey, Cantor.

I can't leave my horse in the barn all the time. It needs exercise!

And I'm certainly not saying I'm the only intelligent one. I'm saying that were all intelligent.

Matt
30-03-2013, 01:57 PM
(30-03-2013 08:41 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Misanthrope.

There's no fallacy here. I fail to even see where you're coming from on that one.

1 - I'm not talking about two cocks.

2 - I'm not appealing to hypocrisy. I'm simply pointing to the logical conclusion of the argument. If someone says that all humans are/have X, then they themselves are/have X.

3 - Calling all people stupid isn't an opinion, it's a statement about the nature of reality. It is a self-admission.

4 - The only hypocrisy involved is if someone says that all humans are stupid EXCEPT ME because A - that's special pleading and B - that's some arrogant insupportable bullshit right there.

So 5 - I don't listen to people who call themselves stupid or who demonstrate vomit inducing arrogance.

And 6 - I personally think that the world would be a better place if we all believed that we ourselves were smart and capable, that everyone else was smart and capable and that everyone deserves our respect and that everyone can be a valued partner but that the world is a cesspool of dehumanisation, dismissal and unresolved conflict when we walk around flippantly thinking that everyone else is just stupid.

Finally 7 - Please understand that when I said "ergo you're stupid" that was just a 'by that rationale' thing. I think you're plenty smart Smile

Hey, if you wanna be stupid about it, be my guest. Smile

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
30-03-2013, 02:02 PM
(30-03-2013 01:31 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chas.

I find that the fact that you know somebody who knows is exceptionally disturbing.

Hey, Cantor.

I can't leave my horse in the barn all the time. It needs exercise!

And I'm certainly not saying I'm the only intelligent one. I'm saying that were all intelligent.

Matt

You're correct; we're all intelligent. We wouldn't be able to whipe our own asses if we weren't.

But, at the same time, we're all pretty fuckin' stupid. We can't even get this "cancer" thing worked out. The hypothetical aliens out there are laughing at us right now because we're fumbling around the medical labs trying to figure out what to do with these "gosh-darn rogue cells! *Drools*" Hell, we haven't yet managed to pin-point with certainty how we came to exist on this planet in the first place.

We = Retards. The fact that we display intelligence grand enough to give us phones that interact with us and microscopes that can see things a thousand times smaller than a germ doesn't mean we're not still completely stupid.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
30-03-2013, 02:29 PM
If humans are stupid, then who or what is smart? Is there another species we can compare ourselves to? We have our shortcomings, but part of the human genius is the ability of being aware of them and addressing them, correcting them. We're not perfect, I know, but even some aspects of ourselves that on the surface seem stupid, like religious faith, require the amazing ability of abstract thought. Some of our stupidity has roots in our amazing intellectual capabilities.

My intro- more about me: My story
[+] 1 user Likes Critical Minded's post