Humans are guilty of existing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2014, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 11:51 PM by donotwant.)
Humans are guilty of existing
This is some new apologetics I never seen before. Today I was told that god made the world and the humans. God made diseases and disasters and everything that is bad however everything that's bad that happens to humans is human fault not gods fault because humans are the ones to reproduce and if they would stop nothing bad would happen to them. Therefore god is guilty of nothing. Humans are guilty of everything because they exist.
And by his logic the victims are guilty of everything because no victims = no problem.
How do you like that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
01-03-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Humans are guilty of existing
In your uncontainable zeal to report your new find you've forgotten the key purpose of appologetics. That is the exegesis and defense of scripture. Something your new discovery lacks. Maybe ask the person who has rattled your cage with this for some book chapter and verse.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
01-03-2014, 12:02 AM
(01-03-2014 12:01 AM)Drich Wrote:  In your uncontainable zeal to report your new find you've forgotten the key purpose of appologetics. That is the exegesis and defense of scripture. Something your new discovery lacks. Maybe ask the person who has rattled your cage with this for some book chapter and verse.

He is a theist but does not have a book Rolleyes
01-03-2014, 12:04 AM
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. " Psalm 127: 3-5

So...this is another one of those moments where we should ignore the Bible? Should we also ignore the times he outright helped people conceive? Can he mark these things or something?

I like how this assertion makes Earth seem even more pointless, though. God made this planet so there would be one generation and then everyone would go back to hang out in heaven and forget about it.
01-03-2014, 12:16 AM
I have a feeling you misunderstood the argument the theist was making.

As a theist, I will say that it is my opinion that diseases and natural disasters (like earth quakes and such) are not evil. The death of human beings is necessary because if death did not occur eventually the entire mass of the earth would be converted into a throbbing mass of human beings. Death requires a means....hence disease, accidents, natural disasters, old age, etc. Suffering exists because it provides utility. It wouldn't have evolved otherwise.

Most arguments I hear from atheists boil down to "there is too much death and suffering and that is what makes it evil"......which is silly.
01-03-2014, 12:17 AM
(01-03-2014 12:02 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 12:01 AM)Drich Wrote:  In your uncontainable zeal to report your new find you've forgotten the key purpose of appologetics. That is the exegesis and defense of scripture. Something your new discovery lacks. Maybe ask the person who has rattled your cage with this for some book chapter and verse.

He is a theist but does not have a book Rolleyes

Then rest assured 'he' is referring to his own personal version of God and not Speaking of the God of the bible.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
(01-03-2014 12:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have a feeling you misunderstood the argument the theist was making.

As a theist, I will say that it is my opinion that diseases and natural disasters (like earth quakes and such) are not evil. The death of human beings is necessary because if death did not occur eventually the entire mass of the earth would be converted into a throbbing mass of human beings. Death requires a means....hence disease, accidents, natural disasters, old age, etc. Suffering exists because it provides utility. It wouldn't have evolved otherwise.

Most arguments I hear from atheists boil down to "there is too much death and suffering and that is what makes it evil"......which is silly.

Did god create cancer?
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
01-03-2014, 12:28 AM
(01-03-2014 12:19 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 12:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have a feeling you misunderstood the argument the theist was making.

Did god create cancer?

Sure
01-03-2014, 12:35 AM
(28-02-2014 11:44 PM)donotwant Wrote:  This is some new apologetics I never seen before. Today I was told that god made the world and the humans. God made diseases and disasters and everything that is bad however everything that's bad that happens to humans is human fault not gods fault because humans are the ones to reproduce and if they would stop nothing bad would happen to them. Therefore god is guilty of nothing. Humans are guilty of everything because they exist.
And by his logic the victims are guilty of everything because no victims = no problem.
How do you like that?

Even if you don't reproduce, you're still here suffering for the reproductive 'sin' of your parents. This god thingy is a dooshbag if he hold children responsible for what their parents have done.

Also, this is certainly in the top 20 or so of stupid arguments. It's only slighly less idiotic than "because pie".

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
01-03-2014, 12:50 AM
(01-03-2014 12:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 12:19 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Did god create cancer?

Sure

Is cancer also an utility?