Humans are not different.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Humans are not different.
Humans can argue all we want how different we are. The only real argument is about how we treat outsiders. Humans defend the social norms we are born into and to that end most of us have tunnel vision. The ultimate argument is merely about how humans fight and or cooperate over delegation of resources. The rest is artificial bullshit as to which each club, when we dominate and build temporary monuments to temporary success. It is not to say goodness does not exist, or to say with even all our entrenched differences we cant find overlap, we can. Our species problem has always been gravity on a giant ball, as to which most cannot see how unimportant and fragile and alike we are in reality. No matter our differences, we are the same.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2017, 04:13 PM
RE: Humans are not different.
I will politely beg to differ, although without much begging and maybe not as much politeness.

Almost all humans are different from one another. Even genetic twins have their differences.

How we are raised, where we are raised and even what time in history we are raised create a vast number of differences between people.

Different cultures, different customs.
There are so many differences you could fill a small town library.

It's nice to think we are all really the same when you get down to it, but we aren't.

We have laws and regulations and standards of conduct in business, all because we aren't the same.
We admire goodness when we see it.
We denounce evil bastards who commit atrocities.

We'll, not all of us.
Some admire the evil bastards and some see goodness as a weakness.

All people are not born into this world equal.
We should however, strive to treat each other as if we were.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
30-03-2017, 04:42 PM
The main difference between me and other men is my penis is bigger.
30-03-2017, 04:50 PM
(30-03-2017 04:42 PM)ImFred Wrote:  The main difference between me and other men is my penis is bigger.

Pics or it ain't so. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-03-2017, 12:45 AM
We are not the same. People have different outlook on life, different goals, their opinions on things isn't the same, their ability to get something done vary.

Humans shouldn't be treated differently by the law according to their social class or financial means but I don't see it happening in near future.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
31-03-2017, 12:58 AM
... Hmm interesting.... I like your art there OP (I understand it as such).

Maybe you are right? I don't know, I'm pretty sure I'm not a human... Sure I look human, I'm pretty sure my DNA isn't that different, I have every biological feature in keeping with being a human.... Yet when I leave my house I am treated by everyone I meet as if I were a thing, like some deformed monster that no one was kind enough to kill at birth.

I suppose in some ways I simply can't relate. But that doesn't mean I don't recognize that when humans talk about humans, well.... most of them love their children right? (old Bruce springs-tine song "If he Russians love their children too").

I for one appreciate your OP though. It was a nice read.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
31-03-2017, 01:36 AM
Nobody is exactly the same as anyone else, but I do think that you anthrohomos have more in common with one another in the most subtle of ways than differences.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
31-03-2017, 01:46 AM
(31-03-2017 01:36 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Nobody is exactly the same as anyone else, but I do think that you anthrohomos have more in common with one another in the most subtle of ways than differences.

Hell, I gotta say it... "I'm different, just like everybody else!" -Everyone

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
31-03-2017, 06:00 AM

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
31-03-2017, 06:03 AM
We're all different.

But we're not really any more different from other animals than they are from each other. I think that's what Brian was getting at.