Humans aren't apes??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Humans aren't apes??
I was doing some thinking, like i always do, and want to know if this is proof that we are apes. Forget all the evidence for a sec. Havent humans done everything in their power to not look like apes, so now they sold themselves on the lie. lets take the most sexually active guy on the board. If a woman didnt shave her legs or underarms, didnt brush her teeth with toothpaste, didnt take a shower with soap, no makeup- would any of you find women attractive at that point. Those are all recent human inventions. I would say we would all be monks. you can say the same for men not shaving their faces. we would have facial hair to the ground, and no girl would ever screw us. If god made us special from the apes, why do we have all the characteristics of them. have people in their infinite fear of death done everything possible to live in denial of our past.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 09:43 AM
RE: Humans aren't apes??
Heck, I monkey around all the time!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't think we are in denial of out past, we're just ignorant of it.

I believe (and this is highly speculative, but I think is at least reasonable) that since the invention of language, humanity has separated itself from other species, in terms that we have a collective memory of almost every relevant event in our species history since that happened, before that, we know nothing, and we have a fuzzy grey area in between that is the source of almost every creationist argument.

There's no knowledge of past events passed down to new generations in any other species, there are elements of technology, some things resembling cultural based behaviour, logical reasoning, and every other thing we humans have, but language.

I mean a more abstract language, not just communicating events or situations, but the ability to tell a story, to narrate a series of events and circumstances, real or imaginary, past, present or even future stories. I don't know of any non human animal capable of doing so, if we discover a species that does it, then every anthropocentric religion would crumble into pieces.

but I think you're wrong about nobody having sex with other people if we don't make aesthetic changes to our bodies, in more primitive (if that thing exist) cultures people are very ugly for western standards and they have very active sexual lives, more active than mine for sure Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
02-03-2012, 09:58 AM
(02-03-2012 09:39 AM)satan69 Wrote:  I was doing some thinking, like i always do, and want to know if this is proof that we are apes. Forget all the evidence for a sec. Havent humans done everything in their power to not look like apes, so now they sold themselves on the lie. lets take the most sexually active guy on the board. If a woman didnt shave her legs or underarms, didnt brush her teeth with toothpaste, didnt take a shower with soap, no makeup- would any of you find women attractive at that point. Those are all recent human inventions. I would say we would all be monks. you can say the same for men not shaving their faces. we would have facial hair to the ground, and no girl would ever screw us. If god made us special from the apes, why do we have all the characteristics of them. have people in their infinite fear of death done everything possible to live in denial of our past.

This is called evolution. This is basic science. This behavior doesn't prove anything but behavioral changes in humans. It doesn't negate our ancestry. If what you propose is true, then we should not have evolved at all.

I mean... at its most basic form, evolution is defined as "changing".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-03-2012, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 10:10 AM by satan69.)
your wrong. you are always quoting the bible. the bible states that we are not like the animals. we are made different from them. we shouldnt have ape characteristics. we shouldnt have to shave and use toothpaste. why would god make teeth and then let them rot for thousands of years until we invented toothpaste.your theory doesnt hold up. we shouldnt have evolved if god made us special. we should be in perfect form w/o any evolving or improving our looks. women should come out the womb looking like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDwLyr8nWRw
[+] 1 user Likes satan69's post
02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
(02-03-2012 09:39 AM)satan69 Wrote:  ... didn't shave her legs or underarms, didn't brush her teeth with toothpaste, didn't take a shower with soap, no makeup

... and what exactly do you have against Russian girls?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
(02-03-2012 10:06 AM)satan69 Wrote:  your wrong. you are always quoting the bible. the bible states that we are not like the animals. we are made different from them. we shouldnt have ape characteristics. we shouldnt have to shave and use toothpaste. why would god make teeth and then let them rot for thousands of years until we invented toothpaste.your theory doesnt hold up. we shouldnt have evolved if god made us special. we should be in perfect form w/o any evolving or improving our looks.

What the heck are you talking about?

02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
I think what he's saying is that if we were created by god then we shouldn't have had to go through any further evolution, such as learning cleanliness and such. It's a valid point, but I think it's getting lost within the text.
I may not even have what he's saying right.

Clearly we evolved though. I mean, the plague... am I right? Gross.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2012, 10:42 AM
(02-03-2012 10:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 10:06 AM)satan69 Wrote:  your wrong. you are always quoting the bible. the bible states that we are not like the animals. we are made different from them. we shouldnt have ape characteristics. we shouldnt have to shave and use toothpaste. why would god make teeth and then let them rot for thousands of years until we invented toothpaste.your theory doesnt hold up. we shouldnt have evolved if god made us special. we should be in perfect form w/o any evolving or improving our looks.

What the heck are you talking about?

It seems he is making the assumption you are a bible literalist.

I think I get what he is saying about the main point. Is it to say an accurate attack against evolution unbelievers due to the fact Humans are Apes, to argue we clearly are more removed because we have tired to look less like them?

I don't buy your whole premise of there wouldn't be people sexually attracted to each other if they didn't groom as we do. That is a cultural phenomenon and it is different in various areas across the world. It exists everywhere to some degree but it does for the other Apes and Monkeys across the world too. We aren't different for doing that.
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM
(02-03-2012 10:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think what he's saying is that if we were created by god then we shouldn't have had to go through any further evolution, such as learning cleanliness and such. It's a valid point, but I think it's getting lost within the text.
I may not even have what he's saying right.

Clearly we evolved though. I mean, the plague... am I right? Gross.

But... I don't even get the point he's trying to make. Is he arguing against evolution and for a literal Genesis?

I'm an EC and support evolution. God created the evolutionary process. God created mankind to be imperfect in order to serve His purpose.

I guess I'm not understanding his correlation of my Christianity to his rebuttal.