"Humans aren't capable of writing the Bible"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: "Humans aren't capable of writing the Bible"
The bible is evidence that it was written by highly uneducated humans.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
01-06-2016, 04:27 PM
(01-06-2016 07:31 AM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  Any time I ask a theist how the know the Bible is God's direct word, the responses usually vary. One answer which I do see sometimes is this:

Quote:"Humans aren't capable of writing the Bible. It says in Jeremiah that the heart is decietful, and it says also in Romans chapter 8 that man is naturally at enminty with God."

[Image: huh_3.jpg]
[Image: wut.jpeg]
Then who fucking wrote it. Bonobos?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-06-2016, 04:57 PM
(01-06-2016 10:27 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Have you ever thought of making ONE THREAD titled
"SkepticalDaniels beginner questions" ? Facepalm
Haha, come to look at his profile, he only has like 3 times as many posts as threads started!

I'm a beginner, so I do apologize.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 05:01 PM
(01-06-2016 07:31 AM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  Any time I ask a theist how the know the Bible is God's direct word, the responses usually vary. One answer which I do see sometimes is this:

Quote:"Humans aren't capable of writing the Bible. It says in Jeremiah that the heart is decietful, and it says also in Romans chapter 8 that man is naturally at enminty with God."

How is that quote supposed to support that contention? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-06-2016, 05:06 PM
(01-06-2016 05:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  

How is that quote supposed to support that contention? Consider

It connects whenever I tell them that the Bible was obviously written by fallible humans, that's their typical response.
01-06-2016, 05:26 PM
(01-06-2016 05:06 PM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 05:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  How is that quote supposed to support that contention? Consider

It connects whenever I tell them that the Bible was obviously written by fallible humans, that's their typical response.

How do they think illuminated manuscripts were made before printing presses?
01-06-2016, 05:58 PM
(01-06-2016 05:26 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 05:06 PM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  It connects whenever I tell them that the Bible was obviously written by fallible humans, that's their typical response.

How do they think illuminated manuscripts were made before printing presses?

Candlelight?

Yes, I know it can also mean it has artwork... but that would spoil the joke

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-06-2016, 06:27 PM

Well that would explain the sheer tonage of contradictions, fiction, fantasy, and forgery within it

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
06-06-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:"Humans aren't capable of writing the Bible. It says in Jeremiah that the heart is deceitful, and it says also in Romans chapter 8 that man is naturally at enmity with God."
Which proves that humans aren't capable of not writing the Bible.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
06-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Is that the verse in Jeremiah that says "How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie." Sounds like an indictment of the bible to me.

And how exactly did we get the bible if men could not write it? Even if angels dictated it, GOD DOES NOT HOLD PENS. Men have the sole ability to hold pens and make books with them. The words had to be copied down by men, and kept by men. And through this process some changes occur, as is common in texts passed down by hand this way.