Humans do NOT come from Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 03:37 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: Humans do NOT come from Earth
(19-11-2013 03:21 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  We came from another planet.. because we are easily sunburned? I'm pretty sure the only group of humans which have problems with sunburn is whites, while in areas of high UV reception (Africa and Australia for example) because they lack natural protection to the blasting (on the bright side, we do make vitamin D more easily).

As for bad backs and birthing issues... Human backs are shit. Plain and simple. human backs are fairly weak and all the muscle in the area (especially around the top of the spine) can easily be overtaxed leading to strains and other back injuries, possibly including fractures by the muscles themselves; like all things human, our backs too are mediocre compared to many other species.
To my understanding, the ability to walk upright in the manner than only humans seem to have 'perfected' lead to changes in the pelvis structure, this, naturally caused birthing issues such as pain due to the canal placement relative to the pelvis... If everything in animals adapted to adaptations that's solve the issue, but nooo, evolution have to be a dick about things and not work like that!

Yeah and our babies have big ass heads too...which is why they don't fully fuse until well after birth and why are babies are born relatively immature and helpless by comparison.

You could (I wouldn't) postulate that abogenesis occurred off world but thats about it.

Abiogenesis occuring off-world does seem a little far-fetched, compared development planet-side, but it is still possible.

Than again, I have heard hypothesises which have a "Why don't we have both" feeling by suggesting that while abiogenesis did occur on Earth, asteroids carried vital components to it from elsewhere...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Free Thought ' Wrote:  Abiogenesis occuring off-world does seem a little far-fetched, compared development planet-side, but it is still possible.

Than again, I have heard hypothesises which have a "Why don't we have both" feeling by suggesting that while abiogenesis did occur on Earth, asteroids carried vital components to it from elsewhere...

This is as lazy as the God of the Gaps argument. Just replace God with Extraterrestrial.
An entertaining thought but more evidence supports an ignition point here from the raw materials of our own disc accretion.
Proto life may have cross contaminated the inner planets,
Im holding out hope for an ocean of life on Europa.
DNA kills off any notion we are complex life survivors from doomed planets like mars or venus or else where.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
19-11-2013, 06:26 PM
(19-11-2013 06:18 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
Free Thought ' Wrote:  Abiogenesis occuring off-world does seem a little far-fetched, compared development planet-side, but it is still possible.

This is as lazy as the God of the Gaps argument. Just replace God with Extraterrestrial.
An entertaining thought but more evidence supports an ignition point here from the raw materials of our own disc accretion.
DNA kills off any notion we are complex life survivors from doomed planets like mars or venus or else where.

I wasn't saying that life came from different planets...

I was just saying that it seems far-fetched, but possible (some organisms can survive in space), and that some have hypothesised that asteroids may have carried vital components for abiogenesis (think amino acids).

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
19-11-2013, 06:59 PM
(19-11-2013 06:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 06:18 PM)sporehux Wrote:  This is as lazy as the God of the Gaps argument. Just replace God with Extraterrestrial.

I wasn't saying that life came from different planets...

I was just saying that it seems far-fetched, but possible (some organisms can survive in space), and that some have hypothesised that asteroids may have carried vital components for abiogenesis (think amino acids).
was quoting you in agreement. The attack was against the Aliens did it" crowd. Smile

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
19-11-2013, 08:23 PM
(19-11-2013 01:02 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 12:55 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  ‘One reason for this … is that the Earth might be a prison planet, since we seem to be a naturally violent species and we're here until we learn to behave ourselves,’ he said.

We're intergalactic Australians? Blink

Oi! I'm lookin' at you, Kimmy Dodgy
Heart
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
20-11-2013, 12:02 AM
(19-11-2013 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, the common DNA with all of the other life on Earth is just a lucky coincidence. Drinking Beverage

What could have happened is this: Life on this planet started when Gil Gerard jacked off into the primordial soup. Then, I'm not saying it was aliens, but aliens show up and take some of microbes from the primordial soup back to their home world where after billions of years of evolution....humans emerge. The aliens then take humans that evolved on their world to meet their relatives on earth. A couple of humans escape and make babies, and ultimately colonize the earth.

So there...it is possible that humans could have the same universal common ancestor as everything that evolved on earth but still evolved on another planet.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
20-11-2013, 12:14 AM
(19-11-2013 08:23 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 01:02 PM)kim Wrote:  We're intergalactic Australians? Blink

Oi! I'm lookin' at you, Kimmy Dodgy
Heart

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Dodgy No, not at all.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
20-11-2013, 04:06 AM
BTW, who here has read any of the Paratime stories by H. Beam Piper?

It's not the central to the action, but part of the back story is that humans are originally from Mars.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2013, 05:50 AM
Wasnt it men were from Mars, and women from Venus?

Strange that the human race propagated with such a distance between them..

Absolute rubbish.. bad backs!

has anyone seen Star trek 2: the wrath of Khan? MAybe WE are the genesis planet!! Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Are we all descendants of spock?
20-11-2013, 08:07 AM
I knew there had to be a good laugh someplace on this forum. Gives a nice start to my day. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man