Humans...they just don't get it !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Humans...they just don't get it !
(30-03-2015 06:26 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 08:09 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  It might be clearer to say "My morality is base on empathy".

But perhaps less true.

Not necessarily. If you realize empathy is based on emotion. We empathize most with those we are emotionally bonded to, but we are quite capable of empathy on a broader scale. Civilization would not be possible, otherwise.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2015, 06:44 PM
(30-03-2015 06:38 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 06:26 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  But perhaps less true.

Not necessarily. If you realize empathy is based on emotion. We empathize most with those we are emotionally bonded to, but we are quite capable of empathy on a broader scale. Civilization would not be possible, otherwise.

Morality need not be conceived of feelings for others, but merely feelings as is. People are selfish and unthinking.
30-03-2015, 07:10 PM
(30-03-2015 06:44 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 06:38 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Not necessarily. If you realize empathy is based on emotion. We empathize most with those we are emotionally bonded to, but we are quite capable of empathy on a broader scale. Civilization would not be possible, otherwise.

Morality need not be conceived of feelings for others, but merely feelings as is. People are selfish and unthinking.

People in general are selfish...but not unthinking. Society would not exist, otherwise. Looking out for those around you is just as selfish as the "me first" approach. Most people would rather be part of a whole than be alone. Morality is something defined. Empathy is something that you feel.

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
30-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Humans...they just don't get it !
(27-03-2015 07:52 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I'm sick and tired of people fighting over whose god is the right god. I'm sick and tired of people who proclaim their god represents freedom and liberty as long as you believe in their god. I don't give a shit. I am accountable to the society in which I live. My morals are based on emotion and the will to protect those close to me. If you don't like it, I could give a flying fuck.

Odin will never forgive you for proclaiming this.
30-03-2015, 09:36 PM
(30-03-2015 09:17 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 07:52 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I'm sick and tired of people fighting over whose god is the right god. I'm sick and tired of people who proclaim their god represents freedom and liberty as long as you believe in their god. I don't give a shit. I am accountable to the society in which I live. My morals are based on emotion and the will to protect those close to me. If you don't like it, I could give a flying fuck.

Odin will never forgive you for proclaiming this.

Respect to the Allfather. I meant no offense.

31-03-2015, 07:22 AM
(27-03-2015 07:52 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I'm sick and tired of people fighting over whose god is the right god.

Bonus points when they're talking about the same one.

[Image: GBxqls0.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
10-04-2015, 10:04 PM
(31-03-2015 07:22 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 07:52 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I'm sick and tired of people fighting over whose god is the right god.

Bonus points when they're talking about the same one.

[Image: GBxqls0.jpg]

And according to history they all are. GOD/ALLAH/YHWH. Now they're all arguing over the inheritance. Typically human.