Humans will be extinct in 100 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Humans will be extinct in 100 years
Quote:One of the world’s leading scientists, Professor Frank Fenner, has made a grim prediction: He says that humans will be completely WIPED OUT in 100 years, as overpopulation and environmental destruction will cause humans to become extinct in a matter of years.

Fenner is an eminent microbiologist at the Australian National University blames “unbridled consumption” and the “population explosion” as the key reasons why the human race will not survive to see 2100 and beyond.

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2015/06/hum...scientist/

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2016, 04:13 PM
RE: Humans will be extinct in 100 years
No. There might be some catastrophe or significant change in how we live, but extinction is extreme and I don't see how that is possible.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-02-2016, 04:28 PM
I doubt it. But I, my family and friends would be dead by then so I don't really care. Fate of mankind isn't something that keeps me awake at night.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
01-02-2016, 04:49 PM
The CIA World Factbook gives the world annual birthrate, mortality rate, and growth rate as 1.89%, 0.79%, and 1.096% respectively. I don't think we are in anyway near a crisis on population growth

I think unless there is some unexpected global disaster that he will be wrong.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
01-02-2016, 04:52 PM
I dunno....

And, I'll never know.

Cuz unless I live to be over 140 years old, I'll be too dead to notice....

And considering my lifestyle -- I for one would bet against the likelihood....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-02-2016, 05:13 PM
There are some lurking cataclysmic events possible, (the huge earthquake/tsunami which is inevitable in the Cascadia Subduction Zone, global warming, rising oceans, bla bla bla.) I'm sure some groups will figure a way to still go shopping. Like fer sure.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-02-2016, 05:24 PM
You'll all be extinct when I die.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
01-02-2016, 05:28 PM
(01-02-2016 05:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are some lurking cataclysmic events possible, (the huge earthquake/tsunami which is inevitable in the Cascadia Subduction Zone, global warming, rising oceans, bla bla bla.) I'm sure some groups will figure a way to still go shopping. Like fer sure.

When are you gonna start the oceans rising? People have been pretending that science predicted it for half a century, but like Haysus coming it ain't happened and it ain't gonna!
01-02-2016, 05:37 PM
(01-02-2016 05:28 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 05:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are some lurking cataclysmic events possible, (the huge earthquake/tsunami which is inevitable in the Cascadia Subduction Zone, global warming, rising oceans, bla bla bla.) I'm sure some groups will figure a way to still go shopping. Like fer sure.

When are you gonna start the oceans rising? People have been pretending that science predicted it for half a century, but like Haysus coming it ain't happened and it ain't gonna!

Cuz you know so much more than : Facepalm

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocea...00x450.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/opinions/s...vel-facts/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level_rise

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-02-2016, 05:37 PM
(01-02-2016 05:28 PM)DerFish Wrote:  

Dodgy Ah kin tell when one of them sciency jumped-up perfessers is tryin' to wind me up and by Jimmy, they sure thought they could fool me! But I'm too cunning fer them...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post