Humans will be extinct in 100 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 08:46 AM
RE: Humans will be extinct in 100 years
(02-02-2016 08:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 07:49 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Embarrassing Predictions Haunt the Global-Warming Industry. I don't know how to do a link, but here is one that comes up about phony predictions of sea level rise. Nor do I have any idea of where on the left to right scale lies this New American Magazine. But if the predictions never come true, why keep making them?

Because new data and improved climate models change the predictions. That's the way science works.

It would be helpful if opponents of e.g. the theory that Earth is warming and sea-level is rising could provide a more... I dunno... intelligent? critique than "Duuur, I dun see it so it's all fake. Lol." Fuck sakes Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-03-2016, 05:32 PM
(01-02-2016 04:28 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I doubt it. But I, my family and friends would be dead by then so I don't really care. Fate of mankind isn't something that keeps me awake at night.

I am concerned about the fate of mankind. I have put in lots of work to advance the knowledge of humanity and all my work will be for naught if humans are extinct soon.
09-03-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm 66 so fuck all of you. Maybe in 100 years someone will invent a cell phone app to save you?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
09-03-2016, 06:57 PM
(01-02-2016 04:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:One of the world’s leading scientists, Professor Frank Fenner, has made a grim prediction: He says that humans will be completely WIPED OUT in 100 years, as overpopulation and environmental destruction will cause humans to become extinct in a matter of years.

Fenner is an eminent microbiologist at the Australian National University blames “unbridled consumption” and the “population explosion” as the key reasons why the human race will not survive to see 2100 and beyond.

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2015/06/hum...scientist/

As with Global Warming and the second coming of the Son of God this prediction is not new, just being revised for this decade. The end of life on earth as we know it. GO for it!
09-03-2016, 07:12 PM
(09-03-2016 06:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I'm 66 so fuck all of you. Maybe in 100 years someone will invent a cell phone app to save you?

maybe they'll "revive" you as a collection of data to be put into a android that is based on how you've interacted with your technology in your life. Consider

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-03-2016, 07:49 PM
There have been five global extinction events.

History repeats. Humans are not immune to history.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-03-2016, 08:08 PM
I'll wait and see.

... If I live that long.

10-03-2016, 12:33 AM
100 years seems about right to me. It's obviously a guess, but I think we are definitely a doomed species who's time here is limited to the next few generations.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-03-2016, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 03:09 AM by Szuchow.)
(09-03-2016 05:32 PM)AbelianGrape Wrote:  I am concerned about the fate of mankind.

I'm not. I have enough problems without worrying about something that I can do very little or even less about.

(09-03-2016 05:32 PM)AbelianGrape Wrote:  I have put in lots of work to advance the knowledge of humanity and all my work will be for naught if humans are extinct soon.

I too helped to advance human understanding - in very specific field - but it won't be for naught even if world will end today. I broadened my knowledge in doing so and that's what really matters.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
10-03-2016, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 03:38 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(09-03-2016 07:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There have been five global extinction events.

History repeats. Humans are not immune to history.

That's the problem with Humans, Banjo. They think they are.

Before the Credit Crunch of 2008, people were telling them that disaster was on its way and hell, it didn't take a mental giant to figure out they were right. The Nay Sayers were labelled 'Negative' and 'Party Poopers'.

Now, it's just the same old show in a different town on another day.

People, you can't keep on raping and pillaging the Earth without there being any consequences. There's always consequences.

I'm not saying that Man will be extinct in 100 years but what I am saying is that life, in the not too distant, will, I suspect, be very different to the one we have now.

A good few years ago, I was driving down to London and was listening to a phone-in program about global warming on the radio. One person phoned in and asked the panel whether the Earth would survive global warming. One of the panelists said, 'You are asking the wrong question. The Earth will, without question, survive. The question that you should be asking is Will Man'?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post