Humans will be extinct in 100 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2016, 07:27 AM
RE: Humans will be extinct in 100 years
(10-03-2016 07:20 AM)DerFish Wrote:  we are now pounding our keyboards here in Heaven

Oxymoron. If a keyboard is what you are pounding you are not in heaven.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Our best chance at surviving is robots taking complete control and making pets out of us.

'Murican Canadian
10-03-2016, 08:24 AM
(10-03-2016 07:20 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 06:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  People were also predicting the Rapture. :yawn:

You missed the rapture?? Sorry for you, we are now pounding our keyboards here in Heaven and we miss you poor suckers that were left behind!

I'm too tired to post the cartoon of the people celebrating that the Rapture happened and they were left in a world without religious fanatics. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-03-2016, 05:45 PM
God damn I hope so.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-03-2016, 06:17 PM
I think 100 years is too soon. If they'd said 200 years I might be swayed, but 100 years, might as well say tomorrow.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Monster shouters will always be predicting doom. I put this in with the rapture reporters.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Homo Sap is way too vicious a predator to be extinct anytime soon. Drinking Beverage
11-03-2016, 11:54 PM
(11-03-2016 11:05 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Homo Sap is way too vicious a predator to be extinct anytime soon. Drinking Beverage

You can't hunt what isn't there.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-03-2016, 06:44 PM
I contend that the planet and it's current batch of life is robust enough to handle it, even if it ends up being life at each pole, in the event of extensive global warming. I'd make a bet, but I don't think I'll live long enough to collect. I'm a lot more sanguine about this than the latest batch of Cassandra-like doom-sayers. We'll see. Well, somebody will.
13-03-2016, 06:52 PM
(13-03-2016 06:44 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I contend that the planet and it's current batch of life is robust enough to handle it, even if it ends up being life at each pole, in the event of extensive global warming. I'd make a bet, but I don't think I'll live long enough to collect. I'm a lot more sanguine about this than the latest batch of Cassandra-like doom-sayers. We'll see. Well, somebody will.

The world will be fine. Humans will be fine from it too... contemporary societies and regions or ways of food production are just going to have potentially shifts. But to many people that's "their world" abd they can't think beyond it. It's like some people, not even that old, who still don't grasp their lives aren't what they perceive "natural " life to be because it's how the 20th century went for their parents & grandparents.

If one envisions society stating as is, then there's doomsday afoot. But that'll change anyway

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson