Humans will be extinct in 100 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Humans will be extinct in 100 years
The Transhumanist Party line is to solve the problem not by reversing global warming, but by using gene modifying technology to make ourselves more resistant to increased radiation and higher temperatures.

Remember, fuck the major parties. A vote for Zoltan Istvan is a vote for immortality by means of transcendence through technology.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
13-03-2016, 09:43 PM
(13-03-2016 07:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The Transhumanist Party line is to solve the problem not by reversing global warming, but by using gene modifying technology to make ourselves more resistant to increased radiation and higher temperatures.

Remember, fuck the major parties. A vote for Zoltan Istvan is a vote for immortality by means of transcendence through technology.

Good luck with gene-tampering on that scale as a long-term survival technique. If raccoons or otters succeed us, it is our own fault. Tongue
22-03-2016, 09:51 PM
(01-02-2016 04:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:One of the world’s leading scientists, Professor Frank Fenner, has made a grim prediction: He says that humans will be completely WIPED OUT in 100 years, as overpopulation and environmental destruction will cause humans to become extinct in a matter of years.

Fenner is an eminent microbiologist at the Australian National University blames “unbridled consumption” and the “population explosion” as the key reasons why the human race will not survive to see 2100 and beyond.

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2015/06/hum...scientist/

Don't bet on it. We've made all kinds of bullshit predictions concerning future dystopias; I remember back in the 80's people had predicted we'd be up to our armpits in garbage (never happened) or what about the total destruction of the ozone layer in the stratosphere (again humans averted it). I suspect similar things will be true of global warming, overpopulation, etc.

That's not to say it won't involve bloodshed, societal turmoil etc. But the entire race of H. Sapiens wiped out short of a cataclysmic asteroid impact or superbug? I highly doubt it.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 4 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
22-03-2016, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2016 10:45 PM by evenheathen.)
(22-03-2016 09:51 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Don't bet on it. We've made all kinds of bullshit predictions concerning future dystopias; I remember back in the 80's people had predicted we'd be up to our armpits in garbage (never happened) or what about the total destruction of the ozone layer in the stratosphere (again humans averted it). I suspect similar things will be true of global warming, overpopulation, etc.

That's not to say it won't involve bloodshed, societal turmoil etc. But the entire race of H. Sapiens wiped out short of a cataclysmic asteroid impact or superbug? I highly doubt it.

We are the cockroaches of the universe. Drinking Beverage

Yes

Edit: Good to see you Carlos! Hope life has been treating you well.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post