Humor: The case for the existence of hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: Humor: The case for the existence of hell
(12-03-2017 06:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 09:25 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  If you don't believe in hell, that means you think murderers who don't get caught are awesome and you want to buy them ice-cream.

Yea.... we've all heard that one. Sure why not. and While you're at it I'll take a side order of baby to eat for later. The best desert an Atheist like me could ask for right? Nice one though Smile you're proving to be as fun as I thought you'd be Smile
I prefer to take the bull by the horn.
To Rob:
An eternity of hell serves no good purpose.
It benefits not the victim nor the perpetrator nor a God that needs nothing.
Any being that condemns anything to an eternity of torture is not worthy of my praise or worship.
Anyone wishing someone to go to an eternity of suffering is either just as bad or worst regardless of the crime.

Come Rob. Put on your boxing gloves. Let's have a debate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 07:12 PM
@Shane, It kinda feels like you missed the sarcasm in Rob's post......

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 07:20 PM
(12-03-2017 07:12 PM)JesseB Wrote:  @Shane, It kinda feels like you missed the sarcasm in Rob's post......
I know. It's hard finding people to argue with when we run all the theists & all we get are sarcastic Atheists.
I'm gonna start representing the Theist's here soon. Just for being the underdog of logical discussion.
12-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Personally I hope you don't, and wish you wouldn't. I'm all for being challenged, but I also don't advocate looking for trouble.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 07:51 PM
(12-03-2017 07:27 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Personally I hope you don't, and wish you wouldn't. I'm all for being challenged, but I also don't advocate looking for trouble.
Not really looking for trouble. Just looking for a good debate.
I actually came across these forums because I was searching for a religious debate forum. Hasn't really lived up to my expectations in this regard but it comes close. If you know of any where I can get some hardcode Theists willing to debate I would be much obliged.
It's kinda my hobby in real life. Lot's of religious folk where I'm from that love telling others what's right & wrong.
Debating them is really satisfying.
12-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Actually yes. I think I might have a suggestion for you..... let me find it.

Big Grin
12-03-2017, 07:57 PM

Born under a wandering star. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-03-2017, 08:03 PM
I hope its ok to share a link like this.

This was the first Atheist forum I ever visited, there was a lot more active debate, which at the time was not really what I was looking for. Perhaps this is more what you're looking for?
http://www.thinkatheist.com/forum

I was only there a few days before a member suggested A/N which was an Atheist only forum. So I can't really vouch for its content or views, but from what I remember there was a lot more active religious debating with theists going on. I remember both sides being a little more on the aggressive side, might be right up your ally Shane idk.

Big Grin
12-03-2017, 09:54 PM
(12-03-2017 07:57 PM)kim Wrote:  

Born under a wandering star. Shy

> Interestingly, I saw that movie only once. It was on a jetliner while I was on my way to Vietnam for my second tour.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
13-03-2017, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2017 01:16 AM by Robvalue.)
(12-03-2017 06:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 09:25 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  If you don't believe in hell, that means you think murderers who don't get caught are awesome and you want to buy them ice-cream.

Yea.... we've all heard that one. Sure why not. and While you're at it I'll take a side order of baby to eat for later. The best desert an Atheist like me could ask for right? Nice one though Smile you're proving to be as fun as I thought you'd be Smile

Thank you Big Grin

And yes, this was just a joke. I'm having fun, that's all. Sure, I'm happy to debate whatever topic you like, if I know enough about it to be able to contribute.

Religious debate is kind of difficult because there is no defense whatsoever, it's all re-heated fallacious guff. The same dozen or so broken arguments over and over.

As far as I can see, theists that are respectful here get respect. Ones that act like jackasses get an ass whooping.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post