Hurray for Fay Wray

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Hurray for Fay Wray
Perhaps, it’s just me, but believing that, through observation, study, and contemplation, we can learn to cope with the struggles that real life inevitably throws our way, is far preferable to believing that by cannibalistically drinking the blood and eating the flesh of a human sacrifice, we can be redeemed from an existential state of “sinfulness” and all go to a mystical utopia somewhere in outer space. The latter is a primitive and barbaric belief not that far removed from throwing virgins into volcanoes or offering Fay Wray to King Kong in order to appease his anger and protect the village from his plunder.

Just a thought.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes 666wannabe's post
08-12-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Hurray for Fay Wray
(08-12-2014 04:27 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  Perhaps, it’s just me, but believing that, through observation, study, and contemplation, we can learn to cope with the struggles that real life inevitably throws our way, is far preferable to believing that by cannibalistically drinking the blood and eating the flesh of a human sacrifice, we can be redeemed from an existential state of “sinfulness” and all go to a mystical utopia somewhere in outer space. The latter is a primitive and barbaric belief not that far removed from throwing virgins into volcanoes or offering Fay Wray to King Kong in order to appease his anger and protect the village from his plunder.

Just a thought.

Thumbsup

[Image: tumblr_mtsb6xKeZe1rdfgw4o1_400.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-12-2014, 04:58 PM
(08-12-2014 04:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 04:27 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  Perhaps, it’s just me, but believing that, through observation, study, and contemplation, we can learn to cope with the struggles that real life inevitably throws our way, is far preferable to believing that by cannibalistically drinking the blood and eating the flesh of a human sacrifice, we can be redeemed from an existential state of “sinfulness” and all go to a mystical utopia somewhere in outer space. The latter is a primitive and barbaric belief not that far removed from throwing virgins into volcanoes or offering Fay Wray to King Kong in order to appease his anger and protect the village from his plunder.

Just a thought.

Thumbsup

She did have great legs!!!

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
10-12-2014, 07:12 AM
(08-12-2014 04:27 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  Perhaps, it’s just me, but believing that, through observation, study, and contemplation, we can learn to cope with the struggles that real life inevitably throws our way, is far preferable to believing that by cannibalistically drinking the blood and eating the flesh of a human sacrifice, we can be redeemed from an existential state of “sinfulness” and all go to a mystical utopia somewhere in outer space.

Yabut can we still eat people, even if we know it isn't doing anything for our "souls"?

On a more serious note, I'm amazed when I look back on it how little communion bothered me. It seems so ridiculous now, but I just rolled with it. I watch people now get either really worked up, or at least really serious about the whole thing, and I remember having done that, too. It's so weird to look back on that time of my life.
10-12-2014, 07:26 AM
(08-12-2014 04:58 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 04:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Thumbsup

She did have great legs!!!

Fantastic pair of lungs too. (If you don't think a solid cardiovascular system is an attractive trait, think about it for about thirty seconds while holding your breath and gently massaging your jaw.)

Yes. I know they looped one take. Don't care. Tell reality to stop ruining my jokes.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.