Hurray for the Atheist Fanatic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Hurray for the Atheist Fanatic
(02-03-2014 08:58 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 08:45 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ....so many morons converging on TTAF at once, how...?

Mating season?

I think it could be having something to do with winter. Winter will soon be over and summer will begin so people become more active.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Quote:I had to preface this article with the above quotes because, although I am a Buddhist and believe in a Supreme Being

Stopped reading right there.
[+] 3 users Like meremortal's post
02-03-2014, 09:01 AM
tl;dr.

Demonstrates inability to understand other person's point of view if the OP does not even understand the need for formatting.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
02-03-2014, 09:02 AM
(02-03-2014 09:00 AM)meremortal Wrote:  
Quote:I had to preface this article with the above quotes because, although I am a Buddhist and believe in a Supreme Being

Stopped reading right there.

What is so supreme about that being anyways Big Grin
02-03-2014, 09:05 AM
(02-03-2014 09:02 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 09:00 AM)meremortal Wrote:  Stopped reading right there.

What is so supreme about that being anyways Big Grin

He comes with sour cream?
[+] 2 users Like meremortal's post
02-03-2014, 09:09 AM
It's like the guy must get off on being smacked down.

'Cause once a month he posts the same old hackneyed shit and refuses to listen to any responses...

Seriously, what the fuck is this accomplishing?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
02-03-2014, 09:58 AM
(01-03-2014 10:43 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  The bottom line is that if you are an Atheist and you state that you don’t belive in God; that is absolutely and perfectly fine. However, if you state, as a matter of fact, that there is no God, you are taking a Leap of Faith and crossing over into the world of Religious Dogma. If you state that a God-belief is stupid, you are a religious fanatic.

This true. It's when one crosses the line between agnostic atheism and gnostic atheism.
02-03-2014, 10:09 AM
(02-03-2014 09:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 10:43 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  The bottom line is that if you are an Atheist and you state that you don’t belive in God; that is absolutely and perfectly fine. However, if you state, as a matter of fact, that there is no God, you are taking a Leap of Faith and crossing over into the world of Religious Dogma. If you state that a God-belief is stupid, you are a religious fanatic.

This true. It's when one crosses the line between agnostic atheism and gnostic atheism.

Sure.

Except for the part where saying "there is no God" is denying the claims of others.

Which is something totally different from making a claim of knowledge...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
02-03-2014, 10:12 AM

So I guess I'm a religious fanatic because I think that believing that the universe was created by the Invisible Pink Unicorn is stupid....yeah, that makes perfect sense.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
02-03-2014, 10:12 AM
(02-03-2014 10:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 09:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  This true. It's when one crosses the line between agnostic atheism and gnostic atheism.

Sure.

Except for the part where saying "there is no God" is denying the claims of others.

Which is something totally different from making a claim of knowledge...

Actually it is. "I KNOW that YOUR GOD doesn't exist" is a claim of knowledge.
The "I won't believe you until you BACK UP YOUR GOD WITH EVIDENCE" is not a claim of knowledge.
[+] 2 users Like donotwant's post