Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Are You Ready For Hurricane Irma?
Hurricane Irma is gaining strength and is already a category 3 hurricane. The experts have no real idea of where she will go? Across Cuba and into the Gulf? Up North to land in New Jersey and New York? Peter out in the Atlantic?

It is going to be an interesting thing to watch to see how it all works out.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
01-09-2017, 01:54 PM
RE: Are You Ready For Hurricane Irma?
Ugh...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Let us hope for C) ... the fewest lives will be affected that way.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Sad I feel like this may be the new norm for the coastal areas.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
01-09-2017, 02:14 PM
(01-09-2017 01:49 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Hurricane Irma is gaining strength and is already a category 3 hurricane. The experts have no real idea of where she will go? Across Cuba and into the Gulf? Up North to land in New Jersey and New York? Peter out in the Atlantic?

It is going to be an interesting thing to watch to see how it all works out.

This far out the cone is wider. But I do live on the coast of NC so if it heads my way I will have to make plans.

We've had seasons in my 12 years living here where several seemed to head towards us but ended up curling back out eastward not hitting land at all. But every time they note one coming off the African coast heading west, it always makes me pause.

Mathew was the last one to affect our area. It hit land in SC but the aftermath flooded not only large parts of SC but parts of South East North Carolina. My neighborhood was lucky, and I am not even 2 miles from the ocean.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
01-09-2017, 02:19 PM
I see that it may have Puerto Rico in its sights Sad
but too early to tell if, and where, it would make landfall ...

Maybe just a "fish storm"?
Hope so

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
01-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Moved thread, Politics seemed like a strange place to post this in when the topic is weather.

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-09-2017, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 03:48 PM by Full Circle.)
It’s been 12 years since we had a near hit in South Florida, the clock is ticking and I know it.

The Titanic

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-09-2017, 04:17 PM
(01-09-2017 03:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Moved thread, Politics seemed like a strange place to post this in when the topic is weather.

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

Methinks that soon TTA will have to have a Climate/Weather section.

Although there might be resistance from the ultra-conservative Climate Section deniers.

Unsure

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-09-2017, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 05:21 PM by Kaneda.)
(01-09-2017 04:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Methinks that soon TTA will have to have a Climate/Weather section.

Although there might be resistance from the ultra-conservative Climate Section deniers.

Unsure

You could always come and post in the Climate Change Thread Smile. It's been pretty low on traffic lately, which is weird considering how concerned everyone appears to be about Climate these days...

...and given that AGW might be *cough, cough* the preeminent issue of our time and all **cough**.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post