Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
Begged my parents to come north with us and they chose to stay...said they were too old and tired to run. Sadcryface Sadcryface2

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 09:58 PM
(07-09-2017 09:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Begged my parents to come north with us and they chose to stay...said they were too old and tired to run. Sadcryface Sadcryface2

Hope they at least made some preparations...

'Murican Canadian
07-09-2017, 10:01 PM
(07-09-2017 09:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Begged my parents to come north with us and they chose to stay...said they were too old and tired to run. Sadcryface Sadcryface2

Did you make sure they had everything they need? I'd have invited my parents up by me, except I'll be evacuating too. Sad
07-09-2017, 10:14 PM
(06-09-2017 11:32 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 11:25 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did I heard it might go to an unprecedented category 6 hurricane? Is this monster story being attributed to global warming?

No such thing this Cat 6 talk...

The categories are semi-exponential.
A Cat 2 has 10x the force of a Cat 1
A Cat 3 has 50x the force of a Cat 1
A Cat 4 has 250x the force of a Cat 1
A Cat 5 has 500x the force of a Cat 1

That's it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-09-2017, 10:16 PM

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-09-2017, 10:26 PM
I feel sorry for the tiny island nations in the Caribbean.
One of them hit by Irma so far has reported at least 95% of all buildings in the country have sustained heavy damage. That's crazy.
How the fuck do you rebuild an entire country?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
08-09-2017, 12:47 AM
That storm is heading straight for my area. Fortunately it looks like it will arrive as either a cat 1 hurricane or a tropical storm and loose a lot of its teeth and claws. Miami will probably not be so fortunate.

I do hope the storm trashes Mar a Lago. Perfect divine payback for rich asshole who run companies lobbying and getting repeal of environmental regulations so they can strip mine and trash poor communities like West Virginia with impunity, then sit around sipping brandy and smirking about it. Maybe a hurricane trashing a private playground of the wealthy will be a good impetus for getting congress moving on climate change. We will see.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
08-09-2017, 03:30 AM
My ex-wife and her husband decided to wait it out in their home in Homestead, Florida near Miami. She said the house was built to withstand 175 mile-per-hour winds, so she trusts the construction company.

I personally would have evacuated at the beginning of the week, before the traffic and gas shortages. They will be miserable there if they have to live without electricity (and air conditioning) for days and possibly weeks, plus they could lose their car from flooding.
08-09-2017, 04:55 AM
I hope you all can stay safe. Hug
08-09-2017, 05:13 AM

My inlaws are in Boca. My sister-in-law found them a flight to come join her in Atlanta. My wife was ready to send an uber to take them to the airport. but, you know, packing is a pain. And my father-in-law swims in the morning and he doesn't want to break his routine. So, they're not coming. It's just too much trouble with the packing and when would he swim? Better to sit in the dark with no AC. Or food. Or water.

I had to peel my wife off the ceiling last night.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost