Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2017, 05:55 AM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(08-09-2017 05:13 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 09:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Begged my parents to come north with us and they chose to stay...said they were too old and tired to run. Sadcryface Sadcryface2

My inlaws are in Boca. My sister-in-law found them a flight to come join her in Atlanta. My wife was ready to send an uber to take them to the airport. but, you know, packing is a pain. And my father-in-law swims in the morning and he doesn't want to break his routine. So, they're not coming. It's just too much trouble with the packing and when would he swim? Better to sit in the dark with no AC. Or food. Or water.

I had to peel my wife off the ceiling last night.
Six to ten foot storm surge expected. FIL will get his swim if he's not lucky.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-09-2017, 07:49 AM
This thing is basically an oversized F3 tornado with the delightful added bonus of flooding. The island of Barbuda took a direct hit, with 95% of its structures severely damaged or destroyed.

Stay safe everyone. If you can't get out of the way, find a tall, solid structure to hunker down in.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
08-09-2017, 08:04 AM
(08-09-2017 07:49 AM)Loom Wrote:  This thing is basically an oversized F3 tornado with the delightful added bonus of flooding. The island of Barbuda took a direct hit, with 95% of its structures severely damaged or destroyed.

Stay safe everyone. If you can't get out of the way, find a tall, solid structure to hunker down in.

And please keep us posted as you can so we know everyone is okay.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
08-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Size comparison beween Andrw and Irma. Gasp

[Image: eguPHGxeoKawujgTody7-4zmZIYKrx-lMRh2bjk9...d82cbd8ed4]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
08-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Hi all,
I live in central Florida so I too am in the path of this storm. My wife and I have been watching all week trying to make up our minds whether to stay or leave. In the meantime, we have been busy making preparations and, at this point, we have finally decided to stay. The good news for us is they are now forecasting the storm to be category 2, not 4 as it was going to be, when it passes by us. The bad news is, the cone keeps shifting West and it is more and more likely that we will be on the right side of the storm which is the worst place to be. I hope all my fellow Floridians here stay safe and all comes out ok for you on the other side of this storm!

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
08-09-2017, 11:42 AM
(08-09-2017 05:13 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 09:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Begged my parents to come north with us and they chose to stay...said they were too old and tired to run. Sadcryface Sadcryface2

My inlaws are in Boca. My sister-in-law found them a flight to come join her in Atlanta. My wife was ready to send an uber to take them to the airport. but, you know, packing is a pain. And my father-in-law swims in the morning and he doesn't want to break his routine. So, they're not coming. It's just too much trouble with the packing and when would he swim? Better to sit in the dark with no AC. Or food. Or water.

I had to peel my wife off the ceiling last night.

I bet, you almost needed to peel me off the ceiling after reading this.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-09-2017, 12:37 PM
My in laws are lovely people. I'm going to miss them.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-09-2017, 12:44 PM
(08-09-2017 12:37 PM)BnW Wrote:  My in laws are lovely people. I'm going to miss them.

That's kinda a messed up way of looking at it, but yeah, I totally get it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Irma is now officially the size of Texas.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-09-2017, 01:08 PM
(08-09-2017 12:37 PM)BnW Wrote:  My in laws are lovely people. I'm going to miss them.

The shelters can be used as ride-out shelters if they don't want to pack and plan to stay. Go to their county website or the American Red Cross and get them the address of a shelter very close to them. They can bring a bridge chair and a deck of cards and stay only for the duration of the storm and then go right back home.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post