Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2017, 05:51 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(08-09-2017 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 04:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  A green cheek conure. She's a cutie!

I have a Quaker...often called the little green chicken. He's quite gabby today. Smile

I have 2 Goffin's cockatoos.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-09-2017, 06:03 PM
(08-09-2017 05:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a Quaker...often called the little green chicken. He's quite gabby today. Smile

I have 2 Goffin's cockatoos.

You have never mentioned this before! I think you used to breed conures (unless I'm confusing you with someone else), but I didn't know you have Goffin's.
08-09-2017, 06:24 PM
(08-09-2017 06:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 05:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  I have 2 Goffin's cockatoos.

You have never mentioned this before! I think you used to breed conures (unless I'm confusing you with someone else), but I didn't know you have Goffin's.

I used to breed all kinds of parrots - we had some 100 pairs. All kinds of different ones.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-09-2017, 06:31 PM
(08-09-2017 06:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 06:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  You have never mentioned this before! I think you used to breed conures (unless I'm confusing you with someone else), but I didn't know you have Goffin's.

I used to breed all kinds of parrots - we had some 100 pairs. All kinds of different ones.

I some how feel compelled to acquire another bird. I've always wanted a male eclectus or a rose breasted cockatoo. Oh, or an amazon!

I simply don't have space for a peacock, otherwise I'd totally get one.

Birds! Heart
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
08-09-2017, 06:39 PM
They just had a report on the news about the animals in the zoos around Florida. They can't really move the elephants or large animals to a safer place. That's heartbreaking. I hope the zoo animals will be ok. Of course the people are more important but I can't help but feel concern for all the animals in Florida too. That includes the birds out in nature.

Sigh....global warming is shitty.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-09-2017, 06:42 PM
(08-09-2017 06:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 06:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  I used to breed all kinds of parrots - we had some 100 pairs. All kinds of different ones.

I some how feel compelled to acquire another bird. I've always wanted a male eclectus or a rose breasted cockatoo. Oh, or an amazon!

Birds! Heart

Both Eclectus and Amazons can get very nippy during breeding season. I would go with a Rose Breasted. Much more even tempered.
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-09-2017, 06:47 PM
(08-09-2017 06:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 06:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I some how feel compelled to acquire another bird. I've always wanted a male eclectus or a rose breasted cockatoo. Oh, or an amazon!

Birds! Heart

Both Eclectus and Amazons can get very nippy during breeding season. I would go with a Rose Breasted. Much more even tempered.

Well, I'm kinda concerned about the birds in the Everglades and other areas in nature. I wonder if birds can somehow sense the incoming storm and fly away. Does anyone know?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-09-2017, 07:19 PM
(08-09-2017 06:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 06:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  Both Eclectus and Amazons can get very nippy during breeding season. I would go with a Rose Breasted. Much more even tempered.

Well, I'm kinda concerned about the birds in the Everglades and other areas in nature. I wonder if birds can somehow sense the incoming storm and fly away. Does anyone know?

Oh yes. Whether they can get out of the way of Irma is a matter of luck though. But they do know something is up and flee.

They know when earthquakes are coming too, when caged they will get on the floor.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-09-2017, 08:32 PM
I have read accounts of water birds banding together in tight groups.

I worry so much about the animals. People have so many ways to protect themselves. Animals are so vulnerable Sad
How sad about the elephants Sad I hope the zoologists stay with the animals.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
08-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Well, I'm fucked. Hopefully this bitch wobbles right. Boarding up windows, draining pool and pond tomorrow.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user