Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(09-09-2017 07:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Stay safe all our Florida people...

...even Fred.

Let us know when you can how you are.

lol

Even moi?

'Preciate it ma'am

I'm northwest and there's no call for evacuation being on the softer side up here with the current cone. My vehicle is already packed and fueled if this thing takes a wrong turn (wrong for us, that is)

Once it runs through it could be a chance to bridge relations with Cuba if a shared disaster and repair efforts can overcome pointless political divisions maybe we can rebuild and bond a little in the aftermath. Looks like they're getting clobbered down there. Reminds us we're all human.

I doubt anything decent will come from it but maybe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
09-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Relax folks, A Good Guy With A Gun has it covered.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...37546.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2017, 09:49 AM
That's Florida for you! I swear to God we're crazier than Texas.
09-09-2017, 10:24 AM
A present for Rush when this is over:

[Image: 518rfYiPR%2BL.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
09-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Well, 3 of Trump's resorts are in the path. But it's not climate change that's threatening them, it's those Mexicans and Islamists. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Update on FC and family:

Today doing preparations on our 4th house in 5 days and taking our friends with us along the way. From Islamorada to Miami, then to St. Petersburg, now to Mexico Beach and possibly Alabama next. Exhausted but safe for now.

The next 48 hours are going to be when the rubber hits the road.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
09-09-2017, 01:33 PM
(09-09-2017 01:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Update on FC and family:

Today doing preparations on our 4th house in 5 days and taking our friends with us along the way. From Islamorada to Miami, then to St. Petersburg, now to Mexico Beach and possibly Alabama next. Exhausted but safe for now.

You're on Lover's Lane? Gasp

Tongue
09-09-2017, 01:55 PM
(09-09-2017 01:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Update on FC and family:

I'm trying to wrap my head around what it must be like to pack up what you need to live for possibly a few days without resupplying and having to travel what...maybe a 1000 miles! to get to a place of safety.

I hope everybody stays safe.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
09-09-2017, 02:01 PM
(09-09-2017 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, 3 of Trump's resorts are in the path. But it's not climate change that's threatening them, it's those Mexicans and Islamists. Tongue

...and somehow the media...especially CNN...is going to make this situation worse. Dodgy

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
09-09-2017, 02:05 PM
They're saying now that St Petersburg is going to get hit harder than Miami. Bad luck to go so far and still be in the path for a heavy wet hit. If you can keep rolling. Good luck.