Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(09-09-2017 04:52 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, question to the non-Floridians.

Is MSNBC showing me some version of the news that is tailored to the Florida market? I've seen Governor Scott talking quite a bit, I've seen Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Pam Bondi talking. It's coverage 24/7 on the storms, which is appropriate (and appreciated) under the circumstances, but why aren't they showing anything coming from the White House? Or something coming from anyone in the Federal Government? Governor Scott said that Trump promised "full resources" for the recovery, but that wasn't defined and I'm not hearing anything substantive from the President.

So far, the only thing I've heard coming from Trump is that Irma is "not good."

We have had the news on today most of the morning and off and on since. That's the only thing I have heard out of Trump. And, as Dom said, that he is at Camp David.

I worry about what he slips past people during this storm. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-09-2017, 06:40 PM
(09-09-2017 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I worry about what he slips past people during this storm. Dodgy

Keep an eye out for the "Billions for relief of resorts named Mar a Lago" executive order.

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
09-09-2017, 06:41 PM
During the eclipse Trump was told not to look at it directly and we all know what he did. For hurricane Irma someone needs to tell him not to go out into the eye of the storm. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
10-09-2017, 05:35 AM
What does a hurricane, a tornado, and a redneck divorce have in common?

-Someone's losing a trailer

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 2 users Like BackSlider's post
10-09-2017, 05:40 AM
(09-09-2017 09:40 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Relax folks, A Good Guy With A Gun has it covered.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...37546.html

Fake news.

(LOL!)

You have to be odd to be #1.
10-09-2017, 06:05 AM
(09-09-2017 02:01 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, 3 of Trump's resorts are in the path. But it's not climate change that's threatening them, it's those Mexicans and Islamists. Tongue

...and somehow the media...especially CNN...is going to make this situation worse. Dodgy

Yeah, like Faux News is so much better? Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Reporters standing in wind gusts look like idiots.
[+] 4 users Like I'mFred's post
10-09-2017, 10:54 AM
(10-09-2017 10:09 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Reporters standing in wind gusts look like idiots.

We are watching one right now who just made the brilliant comment that he was soaked.

The banner underneath is an extreme wind warning for southern Florida. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:The White House says President Donald Trump has received a "comprehensive update" on Hurricane Irma.

Thank God!!!
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
10-09-2017, 11:45 AM
I am growing increasingly concerned about Emma. I didn't expect to hear anything from her because I figured that she would be scrambling with last minute prep when the storm took the less expected western path, but I hope she evacuated and found safety in a shelter or on the east coast.

As far as memory serves, she lives in an affected region on the west coast.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post