Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(10-09-2017 11:45 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I am growing increasingly concerned about Emma. I didn't expect to hear anything from her because I figured that she would be scrambling with last minute prep when the storm took the less expected western path, but I hope she evacuated and found safety in a shelter or on the east coast.

As far as memory serves, she lives in an affected region on the west coast.

Hopefully she is, and will remain, safe.

She doesn't seem to post much on weekends...maybe that's part of the reason she is quiet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-09-2017, 12:07 PM
I know I'm a long way from this disaster, but this is just a call out to any Floridians here... I'm thinking of you guys tonight, and hope you've all taken due care, and survive Irma without any damage—at least to mind and body. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
10-09-2017, 12:46 PM
(10-09-2017 11:44 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:The White House says President Donald Trump has received a "comprehensive update" on Hurricane Irma.

Thank God!!!

No, not really on the hurricane, but I'm sure he's getting regular updates on his properties.

That's what they mean by "comprehensive updates".

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-09-2017, 01:01 PM
(10-09-2017 10:09 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Reporters standing in wind gusts look like idiots.

I was watching one poor shmuck this morning clinging for dear life to a fence rail while he got pelted with rain. Couldn't pay me enough to sit out there and talk about how much it sucks.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
10-09-2017, 01:04 PM
(10-09-2017 01:01 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 10:09 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Reporters standing in wind gusts look like idiots.

I was watching one poor shmuck this morning clinging for dear life to a fence rail while he got pelted with rain. Couldn't pay me enough to sit out there and talk about how much it sucks.

I'm not saying a wouldn't take the job lol

Mom, Agent Orange probably has half of Mexico headed for Mar-a-Lago.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
10-09-2017, 02:02 PM
First of all we’re safe so far and expect at most a Cat 1 by the time it gets to where we are making our last stand in the Florida panhandle. So in the big scheme of things health and safety are paramount and I think we have that covered for now. I just heard from one of my brothers in Miami that those in my family who stayed are fairing well.

Having said that I can’t imagine that we haven’t lost our house in the Florida Keys. On the plus side we have insurance and we’ll have a place to stay an extended time in Alabama until we can return and survey the situation. After that we will need to do some soul searching and decide if to rebuild or leave.

A new chapter in our lives has just begun, who knows where this road will lead. Undecided

As I write this I’m surrounded by friends so I’m in good shape, thanks to all for your concern and I’ll give a report after the storm passes us by late tomorrow.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
10-09-2017, 02:08 PM
(10-09-2017 11:45 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I am growing increasingly concerned about Emma. I didn't expect to hear anything from her because I figured that she would be scrambling with last minute prep when the storm took the less expected western path, but I hope she evacuated and found safety in a shelter or on the east coast.

How are you holding up Aliza?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-09-2017, 02:17 PM
(10-09-2017 02:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

How are you holding up Aliza?

I'm sitting pretty over here. Got power, got internet and I've got cable. Absolutely nothing is open except the Waffle House so I've got nothing to do and I'm bored out of my mind. In a few hours, I may not be so bored. Confused

How are you? Are you riding it out on the west coast or did you head east?

Edited to add: Ah, I just noticed your previous post. Panhandle seems pretty safe. Please keep us informed on your well being. Your house may still be there for you. Damp is not the same as destroyed. Hug
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
10-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Sad How sad for the Keys. Ugh.

Continue to stay safe. Look for downed power lines, that is how a man in my town died after a hurricane. Stay vigilant.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
10-09-2017, 02:22 PM

If news people didn't stand there in the wind and the rain trump supporters would claim it's fake news. Hell, even when they do stand outside reporting on the weather trump supporters think it's fake news.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post