Hurricane Irma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Hurricane Irma
(10-09-2017 02:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 10:09 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Reporters standing in wind gusts look like idiots.

If news people didn't stand there in the wind and the rain trump supporters would claim it's fake news. Hell, even when they do stand outside reporting on the weather trump supporters think it's fake news.

If reporters from FOX are out there, then it's the real deal. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
(10-09-2017 02:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 02:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  How are you holding up Aliza?

I'm sitting pretty over here. Got power, got internet and I've got cable. Absolutely nothing is open except the Waffle House so I've got nothing to do and I'm bored out of my mind. In a few hours, I may not be so bored. Confused

How are you? Are you riding it out on the west coast or did you head east?

Edited to add: Ah, I just noticed your previous post. Panhandle seems pretty safe. Please keep us informed on your well being. Your house may still be there for you. Damp is not the same as destroyed. Hug

I don't know if this will make you guys feel any better but the West Coast, and Portland in particular, is waaaaaay over due for a big ol earthquake. The difference is you can predict a hurricane, not so with an earthquake.

In any case, stay safe. Hope Emma is doing ok.

Emma, are you out there??? Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-09-2017, 02:38 PM
(10-09-2017 02:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 02:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm sitting pretty over here. Got power, got internet and I've got cable. Absolutely nothing is open except the Waffle House so I've got nothing to do and I'm bored out of my mind. In a few hours, I may not be so bored. Confused

Edited to add: Ah, I just noticed your previous post. Panhandle seems pretty safe. Please keep us informed on your well being. Your house may still be there for you. Damp is not the same as destroyed. Hug

I don't know if this will make you guys feel any better but the West Coast, and Portland in particular, is waaaaaay over due for a big ol earthquake. The difference is you can predict a hurricane, not so with an earthquake.

I hope she is okay!
10-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Earthquakes really do fuck with your head. After you experience one big enough to put the fear in you you'll get these phantom earthquakes that turn out to be just a truck driving by or something.

But hurricanes make you nervous as fuck when they get close.

In Japan, they're prone to everything. I had a couple typhoons scare the shit out of me.
10-09-2017, 02:53 PM
(10-09-2017 02:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 02:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm sitting pretty over here. Got power, got internet and I've got cable. Absolutely nothing is open except the Waffle House so I've got nothing to do and I'm bored out of my mind. In a few hours, I may not be so bored. Confused

Hurricanes I can handle. Earthquakes I couldn't. No way.

Emma's well being is a concern to me. I realize that she's a Floridian through and through and probably has the knowledge and practice to execute her emergency plan, but what makes me nervous is the time frame she was working with. We really didn't think it was going west so prep may have been a real scramble for her.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
10-09-2017, 02:56 PM
(10-09-2017 02:47 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Earthquakes really do fuck with your head. After you experience one big enough to put the fear in you you'll get these phantom earthquakes that turn out to be just a truck driving by or something.

But hurricanes make you nervous as fuck when they get close.

In Japan, they're prone to everything. I had a couple typhoons scare the shit out of me.

I grew up in California and experienced many earthquakes. I think the worst one was 1994 Northridge earthquake. I was about 8 miles from the epicenter and everything was rocking and a- rollin. My bed bounced around to the other side of the room. Sure gets the heart started!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Stay safe Emma. Heart
10-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Hope you're all doing ok. It looks nasty down there Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
10-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Looks awful, be safe anyone who may be involved in this..Heart
10-09-2017, 03:29 PM
(10-09-2017 02:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 10:09 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Reporters standing in wind gusts look like idiots.

If news people didn't stand there in the wind and the rain trump supporters would claim it's fake news. Hell, even when they do stand outside reporting on the weather trump supporters think it's fake news.

That's why they like Faux News so much.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user